Position of Immediate Supervisor:
General Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for managing sales of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel, where applicable. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Collaborates with General Manager in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
- Manages an assigned geographic sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with General Manager.
- Networks with engineers and contractors to increase product awareness.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in company’s products.
- Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Represents Enterprise companies at industry functions and trade shows.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
1. Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering is preferred; or a minimum of seven years of related experience in a building products related sales position; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information. Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies. Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. A valid driver’s license.
2. Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business, management, and industry periodicals, technical procedures, technical specifications, cost analyses and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively write business correspondence and technical reports. Ability to effectively present ideas and information to the President, representatives of the architectural industry, customers, managers, employees and vendors.
3. Technical/Mathematical Skills
Ability to apply concepts of mathematics to the work environment and to develop and utilize statistical information. Ability to understand, utilize and enhance personal computer and network software and hardware applicable to the company’s operations, including word processing, spreadsheets, database software, electronic mail, and graphics.
4. Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and develop logical and innovative solutions. Ability to transfer knowledge from the field of sales management, construction and engineering to the architectural precast industry.
5. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, talk and hear. Manually lifting requirements are light.
6. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
The work described will require the Sales Manager to be in an office environment for the majority of the time, but occasionally will be in the plant or yard. This employee will be required to wear all safety equipment required of regular plant personnel. Periodic short-term travel will be required.