Cultivates customers and quotes to attain precast work that meets company goals of volume, profit, and type by performing the following duties.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactively pursues precast work including plank, panel, wet cast, and parking decks.
- Attains drawings and specifications or hand sketches for takeoff and estimating of project for quoting purposes.
- Perform takeoff and quoting on projects as needed.
- Review drawings and specifications to understand scope, risk, schedule, etc.
- Become involved in design build projects for precast.
- Write out quotes with appropriate clarifications and qualifications regarding schedule, scopes, and specifics resulting in a quoted amount. Be able to demonstrate knowledge of estimating and quoting of precast to maximize profitability within the context of Kerkstra Precast's cost structure.
- Research and creatively search for value added options/conversions for precast.
- Schedule appropriate people to attend post-bid / pre-award interviews.
- Follow-up with customer for additional help or clarification and get bid results.
- Actively establish and cultivate customers via social and business interaction.
- Manage the sample procurement and submittal process.
- Participate in sales group as a team member contributing to tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Conduct tours of Kerkstra Precast facility.
- Complete weekly activity/schedule appointments on outlook calendar.
- Schedule and conduct power point presentation A/E/C. Attend/promote box lunches.
- Assist marketing with Architectural products.
- Attend pre-bid, post bid and design meetings.
- Effectively communicate project scope with other departments.
- Participate in trade shows, PCI Central, outings, etc.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Must adhere to all Kerkstra Precast and MiOSHA safety rules.
- Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please apply on our website at https://applynow.kerkstra.com/careers/Careers.aspx?req=2020-SALES-0001&type=JOBDESCR
Any questions or concerns regarding the position can be sent to email@example.com