Mid South Prestress, LLC is a small, established, and reputable subcontracting firm in Pleasant View, TN (30 minutes from Nashville, TN), specializing in the production & installation of a structural precast building products.
Mid South Prestress, LLC is a trusted leader in precast, prestressed concrete. Since 2000, we’ve achieved significant growth and success by building a team of dynamic individuals who hustle harder, execute smarter and operate leaner than competitors. To succeed as a company, every team member must contribute and succeed individually. We’re devoted to helping you reach your full potential while enjoying a prosperous career making an impact for Us.
We have a full-time opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Estimator. As the Estimator, you will be responsible for coordinating cost estimates and bid proposals for the fabrication and erection of structural precast/pre-stressed concrete products in large-scale construction projects.
You will be based at the company’s main office in Pleasant View, TN and will collaborate/report to the Sales Team and Operations Managers.
Essential Primary Functions
- Analyze construction plans, specifications and documents using on-screen take-off software or similar, perform detailed and accurate quantity take-offs and identify the materials applicable to our scope of work while determining special requirements. (Must have an uncanny ability to produce accurate estimates from construction documents)
- Prepare, review, manage and submit RFI’s, Addenda, Notifications and communicate with clients during bid process.
- Assemble accurate, complete and well-organized estimates and proposal documentation in a timely manner
- Compare multiple drawings, recognize changes and adjust MSP’s Scope of work accordingly
- Effectively manage daily work output, meet bid deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop relationships with contractors, vendors and industry professionals
- Prepare reports and attend departmental meetings as required
- Develop and document standard operating procedures of responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for learning, developing and implementing process efficiencies throughout the Company Departments and streamlining daily tasks
- Prepare and present annual Individualized Strategic Plan (ISP)
Expected Skills Crucial to Success in This Role
- Solid understanding of basic geometry principles and mathematics is required.
- Passionate positive attitude with strong ethical and professional demeanor
- Process-oriented, hard-worker, enthusiastic, results-driven
- Self-Motivated with creative problem-solving abilities and entrepreneurial acumen
- Detail oriented, highly organized and vastly thorough
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to analyze bid documents consisting of construction drawings, specifications, bid notifications, and addenda
- Confidence in abilities to logically estimate from incomplete plans or information
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible and comfortable with change, eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced role with willingness to contribute in other functions of business as needed
- Mentoring skills with the ability to train others. Conflict management skills with aptitude to influence without authority
- Equally effective when working collaboratively or individually
Preferred Experience & Education
- College degree preferred; all levels will be considered if mindset is extraordinary
- Experience working in an office environment with passionate team members
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial tools.
- Experience in Estimation, Sales or Construction Management is a plus but not required.
- Mastery in computer software such as Microsoft Office Programs, Estimating software such as Bluebeam.
This position will offer strong compensation, benefits and paid vacation. Base salary will be competitive (commensurate with experience) with opportunities for performance-based bonuses. Bonuses are conditional on team’s and individual’s ability to achieve goals. If you consistently display tenacity, effort and find ways to contribute to company’s long-term vision, we pledge to do our best to invest in Your Value.
Company benefits included but not limited to:
- Retirement Account with company match
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision insurances offered
- PTO plus paid holidays
Interested Applicants should send a Resume and Cover Letter to Nick McCoy, email@example.com