Lombard Architectural Precast Products Company
4245 West 123rd Street
Alsip, IL 60803
Lombard Architectural Precast Products Company (LAPPCO) is an award-winning manufacturer of architectural precast wall and building components. We are a PCI certified plant. LAPPCO has been manufacturing architectural precast wall products for over 50 years. We are a family owned and operated business.
The duties of the estimator include, but may not be limited to, the following:
1) secure the drawings, specifications and contract documents associated with a proposed project.
2) do a risk assessment of the project and work with the Vice President to make a “go” or “no go” decision on each project opportunity.
3) prepare detailed quantity take offs of labor, material and equipment of the architectural precast products to be manufactured in our plant.
4) securing the necessary subcontractor quotes (engineering, erecting, caulking, sealing etc) and supplier quotes (thin brick, insulation, steel, mesh etc) needed to complete a comprehensive budget or bid proposal.
5) utilize our custom estimating spreadsheets in documenting the takeoff, pricing and preparation of the bid or budget.
6) develop detailed scope of work letters
7) attend prebid meetings, design assist meetings, scope review meetings as well as internal meetings with sales, production and quality control.
8) submit RFIs to the architect/CM/developer to resolve incomplete or inaccurate information
9) submit a complete, professional budget or bid for the work on a timely basis
10) review contracts presented by the CM/developer for execution by the Vice President
11) prepare contracts for engineering & subcontractors
12) prepare purchase orders for materials
Education and Experience
1) Minimum of associates degree preferred;
2) Minimum of 5 years’ experience in estimating/bidding or related activity
3) Experience in working with architectural and structural drawings
4) Working Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Blue Beam
5) Versed in working with preliminary drawings as well as final drawings
6) Be able to panelize a project to prepare an estimate.
7) Familiarity with Revit or Autocad a plus
8) Must be able to demonstrate that they can work in a team environment with excellent communication and analytic skills
This is a full-time time position. The normal working hours are Monday – Friday: 8 am to 5 pm; some overtime will be required as specific task assignments/submittal deadlines demand
We provide a competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, 401K plan, profit sharing and bonus program