This position is responsible for formulating estimates, proposals, and budgets for various precast projects. This position will be supported by the APC’s Director of Finance, Marketing Department and Project Manager by working together to be the best in the precast market.
THIS POSITION IS FOCUSED UPON PROFICIENCY IN THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Lead an estimating team and/or work independently to create responsive proposals to both simple and complex requests for Precast bids.
- Receive and evaluate subcontractor quotes for applicable scopes and alignment with contractor bid documents.
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with architects, engineers, general contractors and clients.
- Work, communicate, present, and negotiate directly with construction managers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to win business for APC.
- Directly prepare detailed quantity take-offs, develop assumed specifications, and assign market relevant cost factors to fully articulate preliminary/ final construction cost estimates.
- Analyze various precast projects open for bidding.
- Present project schedules for daily and weekly reports.
- Advise and facilitate in management bid reviews.
- Conduct site visits as required.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years’ experience estimating government, commercial, and retail projects during which the candidate was involved in both estimating and purchasing activities. (5 years if candidate possesses a Bachelors degree in sales and estimating).
- Previous (verifiable) results that candidate was the lead on project bid awards and successfully purchased projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build client relationships.
Qualified candidates send resume to: Heather Erickson, Operations & Finance Director, firstname.lastname@example.org