Illini Precast, LLC
Estimator-Westchester Headquarters Full Time
Illini Precast is a manufacturer of premiere precast concrete products. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of precast concrete products in the Midwest. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates which include recording precast concrete material types and quantities, preparing accurate cost estimates based upon company standards and guidelines.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Review and analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
- Preparation of detailed quantity take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into a computer spreadsheet.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Build relationships by leadership and collaboration.
- Proven ability to monitor projects costs, perform cost analysis, and prepare project reports.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and internet applications.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED diploma and a minimum of 4 to 6 years of related project experience.
• Experience in the field of cost estimation.
• Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience with estimating software such as Tekla, Revit, AutoCAD, AutoDesk or BIM is a plus.
• College degree preferred.
Company matching 401K plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Plans, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.illiniprecast.com to apply.