Reports to: Safety Director
Summary: This position is responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety, quality, delivery and cost for a large manufacturing and construction operation thorough applying engineering and lean manufacturing principles.
Principal Engineering Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, safety, ergonomic, and quality and recommend solutions to improve.
- Analysis of time studies, methods, process engineering, and plant layout to ensure balanced processes and implement process improvements for all gaps identified.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of production issues.
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement projects focused on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Assist in the implementation of engineering changes to the product throughout the factory processes.
- Design and coordinate the build of tools and fixtures to assist in the welding processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Prepare evaluations of, and justifications for, the procurement of new machines equipment and tool to improve safety, productivity, efficiency, and quality.
Principal Safety Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of comprehensive safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe work conditions in accordance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Determines requirements for personal protective equipment and devices, and designs, builds, and installs, or directs installation of safety devices on machinery.
- Conduct or coordinate safety and first aid training to educate employees about organizational safety policies and practices.
- Investigate industrial accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- Relay information between management, outside safety agencies and employees, communicating vital information and instructions quickly and accurately.
- Create documents and work instructions that outline all safety policies to be easily understood by manufacturing employees and management.
- Coordinate and participate in 3rd party industrial hygiene air quality tests for presence of harmful dusts, gases and vapors.
- Prepare and present safety and environmental data and status reports to company leadership and regulatory agencies.
Education Requirements, Required: B.S. degree in Engineering related field.
Certification/Licensure, Required: OSHA 10 & OSHA 30 HR Construction Certifications
Preferred: Lean manufacturing experience.
Required: Experience in the concrete precast industry, manufacturing and construction industry is a plus. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Phone Usage 25-50%
Computer Usage 75-100%
Applications can be completed at http://www.taraconprecast.com
Contact: Kylie Hanson, Human Resources