Job Title: Field Superintendent
Department: Field Operations
Reports To: General Manager
Direct and manage all field operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, project erection, and other field-related activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement health, safety and environmental procedures on site in accordance with legislation and company policy to ensure safety of all workers and protection of public. Must possess knowledge of all OSHA and EPA Regulations as they apply to construction field operations and knowledge of building codes, construction standards and good practices.
- Identify changes in project scope and assist Project Manager with pricing changes.
- Assist Project Manager in establishing working relationship with owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Assist the Project Manager in updating the project schedule to ensure project milestones are achieved; Implement corrective action where necessary to catch up and meet key milestone dates.
- Supervise all field personnel to achieve completion of project on schedule to conform to original plans and specifications.
- Plan and organize project and crews; Coordination of sub-contractors, including follow up on site attendance issues, review of sub-contracted work for quality and completeness, and conflict resolution with sub-contractors.
- Provide training and development assistance for carpenters and laborers as needed.
- Responsible for field documentation such as daily logs, reviewing extra work orders, recording timecards, conducting daily safety inspections and other required reports.
- Able to review and implement construction drawing and specifications
- Order materials and schedules inspections as necessary
- Experienced in managing, on time and on budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Two years supervisory experience
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of OSHA standards
- Management and coaching principles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force rarely
- Lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Lift up to 10 pounds frequently
- Work will be conducted in a plant / field environment
- May be exposed to loud noise, noxious odors, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and varying weather conditions
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job. Duties may change as determined by the needs of the company.
To apply, please send resume to BFarley@EnConFieldServices.com.