PCI Northeast is seeking a new Executive Director to replace the retiring Director. Join a progressive and visionary organization dedicated to shaping the future of the precast and prestressed concrete industry in the Northeast. PCI Northeast, a chapter of the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI), serves as an independent, not-for-profit entity committed to advancing the technical, marketing, and educational efforts of the precast industry in New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
With a strong mission focused on growing market share and promoting the design, manufacture, and use of precast and prestressed concrete products, we aim to position ourselves at the forefront of innovation and education within our sector. As the Executive Director, you will have the remarkable opportunity to lead and inspire our association, driving forward a shared vision that will pave the way to a brighter future for precast concrete in the Northeast. If you possess a proven track record in leadership and a passion for making a lasting impact on the industry, we invite you to apply for this senior-level executive position and be a driving force behind the growth and success of the precast concrete industry in our region.
Serves as the Executive Director under the direction of the PCINE Executive Board of Directors. Has the full authority and responsibility for managing the Chapter and all programs within the established guidelines. Is responsible for marketing and administrative duties for both commercial and transportation markets as outlined below as well as all other duties as required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary duties fall in both the regional marketing and association administration fields.
- Create and implement a strategic plan to promote precast concrete use among key decision-makers (architects, engineers, students, professors, contractors, owners, and others). Work with members to identify and implement new opportunities within the region.
- Most work is performed in a home office.
- Home office must be based New England or New York.
- Requires travel in North America to meetings. Most travel is within New England & New York.
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers requires giving and receiving feedback, recognizing and acting on member needs, and building rapport with the design community.
- Most job duties are performed in an office or at a desk, using the telephone and computer.
- Frequent presentations and public speaking are required.
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have 10+/- professional years or demonstrated experience in a management position and an educational background in architecture, engineering, construction management, or marketing with knowledge and experience in commercial and/or transportation design and construction. Precast industry experience/knowledge is preferred, and a professional license is a plus, but not required. Strong marketing skills and a promotion background are essential.
- A bachelor’s degree (in Engineering, Architecture, Management, Marketing, or related field).
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Candidates with experience in the precast/prestressed industry will be given additional consideration.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated and competitive with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A visionary, and goal-oriented professional with strong presentation and communication skills and the capability to serve as the face of the local chapter.
- Must be able to assemble additional technical assistance as required.
- Ability to prepare, provide and convey diversified, sometimes technical, information.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills.
- Previous management experience with fiscal accountability.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint)
- Proficient at using Social Media Marketing
- Ability to create new educational programs as needed.
- Minor physical effort is required, which may involve standing, walking, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing or similar activities.
- Full Time Position – Salary Range $135,000 – 165,000 (USD) per year based on qualifications.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Paid sick or personal days.
- 401k Retirement plan with match
- Application Deadline – October 31, 2023
- PCI is an equal opportunity employer. All submissions will be kept confidential.
- Position reports to: PCINE Chairman (plus Executive Committee & Board of Directors)
Qualified candidates contact:
Submit your resume and cover letter highlighting why you are interested and qualified for this position to: Rita Seraderian, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.