Oversees, manages, and implements entire Quality Control Program, including testing of concrete for characteristics such as proper air content, consistency (slump), and unit weight to ensure proper product specifications and to minimize future irregularities, pre-fabrication inspections, concrete pouring process, post-fabrication inspections. Successful candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screening per our Drug Free Workplace policy, and will be required to complete a background screen. Dependability for work schedule is crucial.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements all parts and procedures of Quality Control Program in accordance with ISO 9001Process;
- Manage efforts in seeking PCI Certification for the division;
- Interacts with customers regarding BMI's Quality Control;
- Knowledge of CalTrans standard specifications;
- Regularly audits BMI's Quality Control Program, making changes as necessary, produced documentation for 3rd Party Audits as part of PCI and ISO Certification;
- Maintains certifications for employees, self and QC personnel;
- Maintains BMI Certifications including ISO, PCI and any future certifications as required;
- Coordinates Quality Control submittals on a per project basis;
- Reviews shop drawings and project submittals to ensure accuracy and conformance to project specifications;
- Maintains Quality Control files;
- Oversees QC personnel in performing the following:
- Prepares and cures test cylinders for strength testing;
- Prepares and labels test cylinders and concrete samples. Places concrete into appropriate containers and handles test samples accurately and appropriately;
- Completes forms and work reports on concrete testing in an accurate and thorough manner;
- Uses a personal computer to record test results in Microsoft Excel;
- Completes pre-casting and post-casting inspection forms as required; and
- Completes pre-shipment inspection forms as required.
- Communicates to casting lead, production manager, and/or general manager any non-conformant issues and monitors to ensure future compliance;
- Adheres to BMI Safety Policy; and
- Other duties as assigned, including special projects and research and development as time allows.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and
- 5 - 10 years related experience working with Precast and Prestressed concrete in quality control is preferred.
- Equivalent or other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Degrees in Construction or Engineering are preferred.
- Requires knowledge of or ability to learn the characteristics of concrete and the techniques of concrete testing and inspection.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Please view the posting on the Bellingham Marine Career Center for a full job description.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Concrete testing certification required, (ACI Field Technician Grade #1) and should also possess or have the ability to obtain PCI Level 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire, and level 3 within 12 months.
- PCI Quality Control Levels 1-3 Preferred.
- Valid driver's License required.
- Ability to obtain first aid and CPR certification if not already certified.
- Ability to obtain forklift operators certification if necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (more than 2/3 of the time) to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required (more than 2/3 of the time) to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel, type, and use computer mouse.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Paid holidays;
- Paid vacation;
- Paid sick or personal days;
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life);
- 401k Retirement plan (no match);
- Profit sharing
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex or age. Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.