Illini Precast, LLC
Plant Manager-Burlington, WI Full Time
Illini Precast is a manufacturer of premiere precast concrete products. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of precast concrete products in the Midwest. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Plant Manager will assist the Regional Operations Manager with the scheduling and planning of the yard operations, production activities, and maintenance and repair requirements to produce the material volumes necessary to meet customer and market demands. Under the direction of the Regional Operations Manager, the Plant Manager will oversee various operations of the yard, including but not limited to employee scheduling & training, production scheduling, recommending/adjusting/adapting monthly/weekly production goals as needs require, and assisting in regulatory compliance with State & Federal employment laws. There will also be hands on requirements during inspection of work in progress to ensure all activities are performed safely, effectively and efficiently. Assist’s in Fostering a “Culture of Safety” for staff and all employees by promoting and modeling an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment. Assume Plant Manager responsibilities as needed.
- Prepares action plan(s) by individuals as well as by team for effective execution of the manufacturing process for each project.
- Responsible for assuring manufacturing employees adhere to all safety procedures and policies including the direction provided by the Safety Director.
- Ensures monthly OSHA compliance training is conducted according to schedule requirements.
- Plant Manager will be responsible for assuring manufacturing employees adhere to all quality standards, procedures and policies to meet quality standards established by the company.
- Long and short-term planning of the plant’s production by gathering all necessary project information.
- Plant Manager oversees and directs operations of an aggregate yard/production crew including personnel, equipment, and securing parts, materials, and supplies.
- Maintains proper job records such as schedules, progress, payroll, equipment, safety inspections, etc.
- Oversight for coordination of manufacturing and logistics issues.
- Monitors the changing needs of labor requirements and coordinates requests through the Regional Operations Manager.
- Responsible for directing manufacturing teams in a manner that is cost effective and within budget.
- Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
- Assures all necessary on-site meetings are attended and staff is prepared to give helpful insight to the project
- Responsible for attending project kick-off meetings for each new project awarded to the company.
- Responsible for maintaining a fair and positive culture with the manufacturing employees.
- Collaborates and communicates regularly with Quality Control to ensure specification requirements are met.
- Prioritize goals and objectives, enforce deadlines, and recommend and implement solutions for changes and improvements.
- Communicate project requirements to manufacturing employees, relaying customer expectations and specification requirements.
- People & Team Development – Hire, train, develop and engage people so they have opportunity to learn and achieve their maximum potential to create highly effective, high performing teams. Provide leadership to staff, assessing performance, and directing all operational activities.
- Operating Excellence - Under direction of Plant Manager, Manage the facility within the agreed upon budgeted cost for expense, capital, and staffing guidelines. Lead continuous improvement efforts in production, product quality, maintenance reliability, housekeeping and logistics through root cause
- Customer Service and Product Quality Management - Provide leadership for the business unit in creating and communicating superior value for our customers. Manage resolving customer complaints and concerns and help to identify root cause and implement corrective action for product and service offerings that do not conform to the expectation of internal and external customers.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team. Integral part of the senior management team, responsible for preparing and contributing to the overall success of the business.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership/management experience in an industrial environment leading multiple departments, preferably in Precast Concrete manufacturing industry but not required.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering Technology, Production or related field.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Operations Management, Project Management, Industrial Engineering or related field Preferred.
- Experience managing employees, production, equipment, maintenance and / or quality control with increasing responsibilities and span of control.
- Excellent computer skills required, proficient with Microsoft Office.
Other Required Qualifications/Knowledge/Experience
- Ability to read/interpret construction documents and shop drawings.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership ability.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize activities and meet established deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to identify causes of poor efficiency on production lines, set appropriate priorities within the departments and instill sense of urgency to implement action plan and improve performance.
- History of working in a Team based environment, and partner with peers
- Display a professional and courteous attitude toward supervisors, peers, direct reports, customers and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing and able to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing and able to work any of the shifts and weekends when necessary.
Company matching 401K plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Plans, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to email@example.com or visit the website www.illiniprecast.com to apply.