Architectural Precast Innovations, Inc. (API), in Middleburg, PA is looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (exempt)
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Proven work experience as a plant manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- A large amount of time is spent on your feet, so one must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- There are times you will required to attend meetings and complete desk work, so one must be able to sit for extended period of time
- Squatting, crawling and kneeling may be necessitous at times
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds intermittently
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to insure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Course of one’s day will take place both indoors and outdoors, amount of time spent in each will depend on the needs of the day.
- The work area inside the office is temperature controlled and can be controlled to one’s own desire
- Work areas outside of the office are not temperature controlled and are subject to the elements of nature, i.e. hot, humid, cold or damp.
- There may be times that work will be done in direct sunlight, while outdoors.
- Levels of noise, dust, and dirt can be very high, due to the nature of the operations.
The position may require other management related duties that aren’t fully specified as assigned by his / her immediate supervisor.
Interested Individuals should send resumes and cover letters to: Dustin Klinger, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com.