Gage Brothers Concrete Products
2810 N Bahnson Ave, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
Seeking a Concrete Systems Manager to ensure the batch plant is operated and maintained to meet concrete production and quality requirements while optimizing equipment capabilities. This person will also develop concrete mix designs and work with the Preconstruction team to meet client requirements.
- Ensure the batch plant and related equipment will be operated safely using LOTO, confined space entry, job hazard reviews, and appropriate PPE.
- Oversee compliance of the batching team and ensure compliance with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Take an active role in Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) audits and lead using Industry Best Practice methods.
- Train and lead batching team to effectively use the automated equipment, troubleshoot mix issues, and provide consistent, quality concrete.
- Take an active role developing consistent concrete mixes and focus on Quality at the Source.
- Utilize batch plant automation and use quality feedback to produce consistent quality concrete.
- Analyze numerous data points to modify and update automated sequences to achieve optimum system capabilities.
- Troubleshoot complicated production challenges and provide innovative solutions.
- Maintain cement and aggregate inventories, working with vendors and Gage purchasing to ensure no downtime related to cement and aggregate supply.
- Manage all mix plant periodic maintenance work orders.
- Troubleshoot mix plant maintenance and quality issues.
Benefits include:Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Total Wellness Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays-Including Birthday, 401(k), Boot Reimbursement Program, Option for Daily $2.00 Catered Lunches, and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
*This is a full-time, salaried position Monday through Friday, with Saturdays as needed.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Experience in the production of concrete.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Management, Construction Management, Industrial Automation or related field.
• 3-5 years of management experience.
• Knowledge of equipment and machines.
• Ability to meet attendance requirements with dependability and consistency. Ability to work extended schedules as needed to meet deadlines. Hours typically Monday through Friday, Saturdays as needed 45-50 hours per week.
• Fluent in conversational Spanish preferred, not required.
• Meets the following physical requirements:Lift up to five pounds regularly and up to 20 pounds occasionally. Work while sitting for extended periods of time. Frequently required to stand, walk on uneven surfaces, climb stairs or ladders and/or bend at the waist. Frequently work in an environment that may be hot, cold, noisy or dusty.
To apply online: https://lnkd.in/gmXBM28