Hog Slat, Inc., is the recognized leader in the production of pre-cast concrete slats for the pork industry. Hog Slat manufactures structural, precast products for the agricultural and utility markets. Our pre-cast concrete division operates six plants in the United States and nine internationally. We are currently in search of a Slat Plant Division Manager to lead its precast concrete plants. The person selected for this position will report to Sr. Leadership. The primary role of the person in this position is to direct and coordinate activities concerned with production of company product(s.)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Slat Plant Division Manager will be responsible for;
- guiding plant supervision and strategy for all phases of day-to-day production,
- overseeing procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production, cost and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment,
- troubleshooting issues on jobsites and answer technical questions internally and externally,
- assisting in the development of new products and updating product BOM’s (Bills of Material) for accurate product costing,
- promoting a safe work environment and culture and,
- performing supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and all applicable laws.
The IDEAL CANDIDATE will have the following experience/educational background:
- Ten (10) years’ combined experience in concrete production and management.
- Additional consideration given to candidates with a four year degree in Civil Engineering or similar field of study.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication (ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to travel extensively (domestic and international).
Qualified candidates can send a resume to Jill Wolfe, email@example.com, or apply online at www.hogslat.com/careers.
Hog Slat Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other reason prohibited under Federal State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.