Reports to: Foreman
Job Overview: Produce high quality precast concrete panels that meet engineering specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carry out the daily production plan as communicated by Right Hand Man, Foreman or Plant Manager
- Complete tasks related to panel production
- Clean and maintains production bed.
- Install rebar and strand
- Pour and finishes concrete
- Strip out panels after completion
- Patch and repair panels as needed
- Maintain and improve housekeeping to ensure a safe and productive workplace on an hour by hour, day by day basis
- Complete daily preventive maintenance tasks as assigned, including tool maintenance
- Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials on the line
- Assist Foreman in identification of variance to daily plan
- Support cross-training of employees
- Produce & promote Quality at the Source
- Responsible for tools and machinery in your area
- Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance.
- Adhere to all safety rules and guidelines
- Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Report ALL accidents to the Plant Manger immediately and completes an incident report
- Daily 5S compliance
- Review work areas w/Foreman
- Participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training
- Focused on approaching zero quality variance
- If quality error occurs, assist in determining the root cause and ensure that root cause is eliminated to prevent recurrence
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills: Experience in the Precast Industry and/or construction desired but not required
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs, crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
220 SE 6th Street Suite 100
Des Moines, IA 50309