Precast Yard LOADOUT Superintendent
For Pensacola, FL Bridge Replacement Project
FT position with competitive salary, full benefits, incentive plan & company stock options program. Full relocation or Per Diem is available.
General Position Summary
The Superintendent is responsible for field operations in assigned areas or aspects of the project. He/she ensures the work is performed in a safe, timely, profitable, and ethical manner, in accordance with contract documents, design, budget, and schedule. He/she directly supervises field labor forces and Assistant Superintendents.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation.
- Monitor project labor, materials, subcontractors and equipment as work progresses and take necessary actions to control as he or she shall determine.
- Has accountability for schedule input and adherence, cost, quality, and project profitability
- Support positive relationships with clients, designers, consultants and the community
- Prepare and submit daily reports documenting jobsite progress and conditions for payment purposes
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Supervise and direct Assistant Superintendents and craft through planning, means and methods, manpower requirements, material quantities, equipment needs, and work schedule
- Fully understand project equipment and materials
- Coordinate assigned work with different crafts, subcontractors and inspection staffs
- Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
In addition to being able to perform the above duties the following experience is required for this position:
Successful experience Loading Out Precast Bridge Segments
- Loading Calcs and plans for lifting and transporting
- Load onto trucks followed by loading on to Barge
- Experience with loading of Bridge Precast segments
- 5+ recent years’ experience Precast plant and Heavy Civil Construction (Bridge Building)
For Immediate Consideration - send up to date resume to Liz.Greer@Skanska.com
Upon receipt of your resume you will be contacted promptly to schedule you for a phone interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Any and all Qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply.