Gate Precast, Kissimmee, FL
JOB TITLE: CNC Machine Operator,
Operate our computer-controlled machine to satisfactorily meet production goals; maintain safety and quality standards per drawings and prints issued by Engineering with general supervision
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform basic operational function of machine. 5 Axis proficiency preferred
• Ability to identify and correct problems with assistance.
• Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachments and workpiece on machine.
• Install cutting tools in machine.
• Load control media, such as tape, card or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from data base.
• Calculate and set machine controls to position tools in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed and feed flow.
• Start machine and monitor displays and machine operations to detect malfunctions.
• Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments, under supervision.
• Maintain proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition.
• Awareness of production scheduling
• Handle machine finished items in a careful manner to prevent damage, maintain a neat and orderly work area, and function in a safe and reliable manner to prevent personal injury and/or property damage.
• Responsible for cleaning machine and area prior to leaving each day and keeping the machine clean at all times
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor
• Use of table saw to cut wood and foam to specification
• Ability to follow oral instructions.
• 1-3 years’ experience with CNC's
• Knowledge of the G Code & M Code is preferred
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of various types of tool holders, tools, and inserts used on the CNC machine.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical problems.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, work orders, etc.
• Safety is our #1 PRIORITY .
• Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, policies and procedures.
• Attend daily and weekly safety meetings
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety vests, respirators (if needed).
• This is an outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand and dust.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your entire body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
Gate Precast Company offers competitive compensation and benefits after 60 days; paid vacation, sick time, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and Tuition reimbursement.
Gate Precast Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.