Illini Precast, LLC
Batch Plant Operator-Romeoville, IL Full Time
Illini Precast is a manufacturer of premiere precast concrete products. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of precast concrete products in the Midwest. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Batch Plant Operator is responsible for controlling production and load out of materials produced in the batch plant, as well as for scheduling and ensuring timely delivery of supplies to the plant to perform duties in conjunction with dispatch loading instructions. The goal is customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Batch concrete loads according to mix designs and specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Must be able to produce on-time & in-spec concrete for the customer. This is a customer focused business.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, and removing jam-ups.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching, & quality control software.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
- Ability to test concrete for conformance with mix design and specification.
- Ability to conduct moisture tests, yield calculation and yield adjustment of mix designs for conformance with mix designs and specifications.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment.
- Must be able to climb man ladder.
- Follow verbal (in person and over the phone) and written instruction.
- Must be able to organize and lead people.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One to Two years batching-related experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively on radio/phone system
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred
- Ability and willingness to pass PCI level 1 certification within six months
Company matching 401K plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Plans, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.illiniprecast.com to apply.