Metromont Corporation is a leader and pioneer in the engineering and manufacturing of structural and architectural precast concrete solutions. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina and with manufacturing facilities in Florida, Georgia, and Virginia, Metromont is one of the largest privately-owned precast concrete manufacturers in the United States.
Our primary market segments include: schools, office buildings, data centers, parking structures, industrial plants, mixed-use structures, and stadiums. Metromont has built more than 50 stadiums, including seven NFL stadiums, 15 sports arenas, over 30 total precast multi-family structures, and more than 1,000 parking structures.
We are currently receiving resumes for Senior Project Drafters to be part of our dynamic team for both our Bartow, FL, and Greenville, SC, locations.
The overall responsibilities of a Senior Project Drafter include:
- Design and prepare electronic (CAD) erection drawings, shop tickets, and material requisitions from contract drawings and engineering calculations
- Prepare plans, elevations, sections, and material requirements from sketches, specifications, contract drawings and responses to requests for information provided by architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, and Metromont’s internal project management team
- Consult with engineers and project managers as needed to resolve questions
- Revise computer-aided designs and documents to comply with comments and changes to project scope
- Provide technical guidance to the Project Drafter regarding coordination of details between shop tickets and erection drawings
Technical requirements for this position include:
- Associate Degree in Design, Architecture, or related field with coursework in computer-aided design (CAD)
- Minimum two (2) years drafting experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, BeamWiz, TeeWiz, and Revit a plus
- Able to efficiently read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to create detailed electronic (CAD) working plans from data
- Associates or better in Drafting/Technical Drawing and Design or related field required
- 2 years previous drafting experience required
Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have exceptional time-management skills, be an effective communicator, is able to focus on work tasks for extended periods of time, and is able to operate within defined standards and processes. If you possess these qualifications, we would love to hear from you! Please include current salary requirement along with your resume.
Applicants may apply online at www.metromont.com and choose the Careers page.
Metromont Corporation (Company) is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. To this end, the Company does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or other medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected status. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Company facilities.
The Company is also committed to making reasonable accommodations based on an individual’s disability, religion, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including, but not limited to, lactation), or any other protected status where a reasonable accommodation is required under the law.
No form of unlawful discrimination, unlawful harassment, unlawful refusal to reasonably accommodate or unlawful retaliation will be tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)