KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering firm, internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection and asset integrity. Six business units comprise the $35+ million enterprise offering a broad range of coatings, steel, concrete fabrication and building envelope inspection, evaluation, and testing services in nearly every market and industry. KTA is a highly sought-after partner providing customer-driven innovation, cutting edge technology, and world-class service delivery for the protection of our clients’ assets and the world’s infrastructure.
KTA is looking for a business development champion to capture business opportunities and augment KTA’s growth by generating $1.5-2.0MM of new business revenue annually. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing the development, implementation, and maintenance of integrated, nationwide sales initiatives and supporting each business unit’s plans for achieving KTA’s overarching strategic goal of sustained growth at an acceptable profitability while maintaining world-class client satisfaction and employer-of-choice standards. A complete understanding of the KTA client engagement lifecycle and vision and mission of the company will be necessary in order to gather data and analyze client pursuit, proposal, and sales trends to surpass client demands and articulate our expertise in fulfilling their needs will be key in embracing this challenging role! In twelve months, you will know you have been successful when you have:
- Identified and developed High Lifetime Value (HLTV) prospects and clients through developing business plans and assuming sales responsibility;
- Acted as a growth champion, continually developing, executing, and strengthening KTA’s process to ensure sort, intermediate, and long-term financial performance;
- Developed strategies for establishing personal relationships and partnerships to position KTA as the specialty consultant of choice for our business units’ services;
- Taken ownership of monitoring and reporting on trends in the markets and geographies KTA serves, providing management with persona insights on market trends and competitive analysis;
- Participated in company strategic planning process and offer insight and direction for commercial initiatives; and
- Pursued professional development opportunities to support lifelong learning, increased awareness of new business concepts, and challenged existing paradigms among the leadership team.
Extensive business development experience in professional services, consulting, or related industry and 5+ years of relationship development experience is required, with a preference within the construction, engineering, or consulting industry. A B.S. degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related technical field is desirable, as well as in-depth knowledge of government and/or private contracting and acquisition. Preferably, the incumbent will work out of the corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA. Physical requirements include the ability to type, write, speak, see, and hear, however, accommodations could be made. KTA is a smoke-free campus.
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee- owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are the driven leader we are seeking…
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. AA/EEO