The Bethlehem Construction team is dedicated to providing Innovative precast prestressed concrete solutions to meet each customers goals; "Building Together" to meet clients future needs!
Bethlehem Construction, Inc. has been a thriving and growing specialty and general contractor for 42 years. The company was founded in 1978 to service the fruit industry's construction needs. With a strong background in the cold storage, Bethlehem Construction became the first Washington contractor to erect an all-concrete controlled atmosphere building.
All of Bethlehem’s precast projects are custom designed and engineered to meet specific customer needs. Bethlehem Construction serves markets in Washington, Oregon and California with its Cashmere, WA and Wasco, CA precast facilities. The company is proud of its steady and long tenured workforce and that 80% of their business comes from repeat customers. Bethlehem beats its competition through speed, reliability and its guarantee of on time delivery of scaled projects. The company self performs most of its projects in order to control risk and to maintain its high standards for the work they perform. Bethlehem proudly maintains PCI (Precast Concrete Institute) certification on all of its plants. This prestigious Plant certification demands that our precast/prestress processes stand above and beyond industry averages.
With up to 300 employees across multiple locations Bethlehem maintains a culture of respect, inclusion, transparency and a “do what needs to be done” attitude that reflects the strong leadership teams values
Bethlehem Construction is seeking a Commercial/Industrial Construction Project Manager to join the team in our Wasco, CA facility. Wasco is located in the lower Central Valley of California.
If you are looking for the challenge and rewards of seeing a construction project from concept to delivery to the customer, this opportunity is definitely for you.
A Commercial/Industrial Construction Project Manager at Bethlehem Construction:
- Prepares accurate project estimates and bid proposals, including detailed project takeoffs, budgets and job costing.
- Prepares construction contracts, subcontracts, change orders and purchase orders.
- Demonstrates excellent computer skills, requiring in depth knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, with working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Timberline and other estimating software, being a plus.
- Oversees and manages each project through completion and hand off to the customer, while staying within budget and on schedule.
- Writes RFIs, as necessary.
- Conducts and reports budget tracking.
- Schedules project timelines and reports on job progress to Bethlehem Construction Management, as well as the Client.
- Leads safety efforts, and is alert for safety issues and adherence to safety policies.
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including: Management, Subcontractors, Consultants, Engineers, Architects, Vendors and Clients.
- Candidate must be well spoken, professional and polite. In addition, the successful candidate must be a good listener.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude, and willing to work as part of a team.
- Must be a proactive engaged member of the team that looks at all aspects of design and construction, to ensure that all phases of the project go smoothly.
- Must have an aptitude to learn new skills, and a willingness to manage change in self and organization.
- Must have a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Must be willing and able to implement directions quickly and correctly.
- Minimum three (3) years of Commercial/Industrial Construction Project Management experience, preferably in precast concrete construction.
- Must be able to read blue prints
- Must have experience in large commercial construction estimating
- Must be able to effectively lead a project from start to finish
- Must understand Construction Safety Requirements and Compliance, and be a Safety Advocate for Bethlehem Construction, Inc.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering or related field, preferred.
Wasco, CA with required travel to job sites in the region.
Wasco, CA is just north of Bakersfield, which is nestled in the southern Central Valley of California two hours north of Los Angeles. A city population of approximately 400,000, Bakersfield is one of the fastest growing medium-sized cities in the United States. Bakersfield is a dynamic and diverse community with rich assets in agriculture, energy, medicine, arts, culture, education and professional services.
Bakersfield has hundreds of miles of bike paths and lanes and nearly 60 parks, offering locals plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. Plus, residents are a short drive from the Sierra Nevada Mountains and some of California's expansive national forests and SoCal and Central Cal coasts are easy and splendid day trips from Bakersfield.
For the outdoor enthusiasts, Kern River and Lake Isabella areas offer white water rafting, fishing, windsurfing, water skiing, hiking, bird watching and hunting. The Wild and Scenic Kern River springs from the high Sierra Nevada mountains near Mount Whitney and flows southwest through the Sequoia National Forest toward Bakersfield, California. The Kern River offers many types of rafting experiences depending on the time of year and the challenges/relaxation desired. The Forks of the Kern, the Upper Kern River, and the Thunder Run stretches are early to mid-season trips depending on the spring snow melt and can provide class IV and class V challenges for more experienced white water rafters. The Upper Kern one day trip offers almost 20 miles of Class III and IV white water to choose from and is our primary early season trip offering, while our Lower Kern river trips offer nearly 18 miles of white water later in the summer. Lake Isabella is at the confluence of the North and South Forks of the Kern River.
Competitive Base Salary and Benefits with Bonus opportunity
For confidential inquires and more info, please contact: Sheila Callihan - HR Director, (509) 782-1001 or Recruit@bethlehemconstruction.com