Delta Engineers, Architects, Land Surveyors & Landscape Architects, DPC (Delta) is a growing, multidisciplinary AEC firm founded in 1976 and based in the Southern Tier of New York State with additional offices in Central New York and Chevy Chase, MD. We deliver architectural and engineering design for facilities and infrastructure as well as precast concrete design/detailing services, environmental engineering, survey, landscape architecture, and ecological services to public and private clients. Delta team members take advantage of terrific opportunities to advance professionally in a supportive environment while enjoying a generous compensation and benefits package.
WHO WE NEED
We are seeking a versatile and team-oriented Senior Project Engineer to join our Specialty Precast Group. This position is in a fast-growing division of Delta and is fully remote. The Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with 15 years of relevant experience. Experience must include structural analysis, design, and detailing for precast concrete. A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
The Candidate must be proficient with the following codes: AASHTO; ASCE-7; ACI 318; and AISC. The Candidate should also be proficient with structural analysis/design software and AutoCAD.
Primary duties will include:
- Providing day to day leadership to technical staff in the performance of their duties.
- Participating in negotiations with the client.
- Identifying out-of-scope work, discussing immediately with Group Director and then the Client.
- Participating in establishing the staffing and scheduling requirements for project completion.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling outside subconsultants/subcontractors.
- Responsible for invoicing projects promptly; following-up to collect unpaid receivables.
- Scheduling and conducting necessary client and internal meetings and preparing minutes of the meeting to distribute promptly following the meeting.
- Responding promptly to phone calls, e-mails, faxes, and other forms of communication.
- Preparation of proposals and agreements.
- Assisting the Group Director in the implementation of the marketing plan and goals established for the office. The Senior Project Engineer has primary responsibility for maintaining current clients. This includes an awareness of all project’s clients might be undertaking.
- Assisting with project development via hands-on design, report writing, presentations, etc.
- Responsible for schedule adherence.
Delta is driven to exceed our clients’ expectations on every project. Accordingly, the successful applicant for this position must be willing to occasionally work adjusted hours/overtime.
WHAT WE OFFER
Talented and dedicated teammates working collaboratively, challenging assignments, opportunities to grow, highly competitive compensation and benefits – these are just a few of the advantages of a Delta career.
If Delta sounds right for you, please submit resume to Kelcie Guccia, Human Resources Coordinator, email@example.com!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.