Northeast Precast (NEP) is growing again and has an immediate opening for a full-time Commercial Project Engineer! We are located in Vineland and Millville, NJ. Now is your chance to join a successful South Jersey company!
Our Commercial Project Engineers enjoy these benefits:
- Attractive pay (weekly payroll)
- Generous insurance package: medical starting at just $20/week, free dental option, prescription coverage, vision plan, and company paid $25k life insurance policy
- Voluntary benefits: accident coverage, disability, critical illness, hospital plan, and more
- 401K with generous company match
- Time off with pay: 6 holidays, vacation (up to 3 weeks), and sick time (40 hours per year)
- Growth Opportunities
- Long term employment
When you join us as a Commercial Project Engineer, the objective is simple:
- Coordinate the design of a project
- Support the production & erection effort by checking drawings, releasing materials for purchase & fabrication
- Address any technical questions about the project
- Be a contributing member of the company by helping improve our ability to provide a quality product with efficient processes and excellent service
Here’s what we are looking for in our Commercial Project Engineers:
- Teamwork oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and AutoCAD
- Good work ethic
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
More about your new Commercial Project Engineers position at Northeast Precast:
- Work with a Project Manager to ensure effective execution of projects from start to finish
- Review architectural and structural construction drawings and understand the precast scope of work
- Read and interpret specifications
- Coordinate meetings with external engineering firms to turn projects over to engineering
- Work with external engineers through design, answering questions, and providing guidance according to NEP standards and best practices
- Draft and submit RFI’s (Request for Information) and submittals to clients
- Check precast erection drawings for conformance with construction drawings, specifications, and NEP standards
- File and maintain documents for record-keeping on the company network
- Review drawings from other trades that need to be coordinated with precast work
- Prepare lists of materials for purchasing prior to precast production
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to schedule and track precast elements through production and erection
- Check precast production drawings for conformance with precast erection drawings and NEP standards
- Compile lists and drawings to release materials for fabrication and production
- Use AutoCAD to prepare drawing sets, details, CNC files, or surveying layout drawings
Here’s when you will be working:
This is a full-time career with Northeast Precast. The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8-5.
More about Northeast Precast:
NEP is a precast concrete manufacturer of commercial products and foundation wall systems. We are a state-of-the-art facility located in Millville and Vineland, NJ. It is our mission to become the preferred supplier in the Mid-Atlantic precast concrete market by providing operational excellence and superior customer service.
Please see our website for more information: www.northeastprecast.com.
Interested applicants can stop by to fill out an application at Northeast Precast, Building A, 92 Reese Rd. Millville, NJ 08332, or Apply Online.
No phone calls, please.
Northeast Precast is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a safe and drug-free work environment.