Illini Precast, LLC
Project Engineer-Westchester Headquarters Full Time
Illini Precast is a manufacturer of premiere precast concrete products. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of precast concrete products in the Midwest. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
To provide engineering services as required on assigned projects.
Provide assistance to Project Managers and Project Coordinators as required or requested.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Perform required duties as assigned by and under the supervision of senior engineers. May take complete ownership of a low complexity project from its conception or when it is turned over to engineering from sales.
- Work closely with project coordinators as erection drawings are being prepared so that the project coordinators can work accurately and efficiently.
- Provide frame, component and connection designs for low and moderately complex projects.
Prepare record calculations in accordance with the applicable codes and regulations for submittal to customers and building officials in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Coordinator, act as a liaison between Illini Precast and contractor, owner, architect and erector.
- Check all erection drawings and, when necessary, check production piece drawings.
Know the schedule for all phases of the project and make sure the customer’s (including
production) needs are met at all times.
- Provide sales engineering services to architects, engineers and customers when requested.
Visit jobsites and Illini Precast production facilities on a regular basis to become familiar with
production and erection procedures and the problems that may occur.
- Provide timely solutions to production facilities or customer when problems occur.
- Always look for ways to revise a project or proceed in order to reduce costs and increase quality.
- Check validity of backcharges and change orders on assigned projects and communicate within Illini Precast as appropriate to prevent future similar backcharges.
- Stay abreast of Code changes, technology advancements and new products & techniques as they relate to the precast/prestressed concrete industry.
- Develop software programs and tools to improve the efficiency of calculation preparation in the Engineering Department.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- May assume a team lead role for work groups.
- Check accuracy of drawings prepared by Project Designers and Project Coordinators.
When requested, review drawings and designs prepared by outside consultants.
Internal: Work with all other Illini Precast departments to promote a strong working relationship.
Be involved closely with Illini Precast Project Management and Production Departments.
External: Develop and maintain relationships with external engineers, architects and contractors.
- Four-year engineering degree, Master’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering
- Experience in general building construction and precast concrete design
- Experience with structural analysis and design software.
Two - Five years as a precast design engineer or equivalent experience in
building construction design.
Company matching 401K plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Plans, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to email@example.com or visit the website www.illiniprecast.com to apply.