Metromont Corporation is a leader and pioneer in the engineering and manufacturing of structural and architectural precast concrete solutions. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina and with manufacturing facilities in Florida, Georgia, and Virginia, Metromont is one of the largest privately-owned precast concrete manufacturers in the United States.
Our primary market segments include: schools, office buildings, data centers, parking structures, industrial plants, mixed-use structures, and stadiums. Metromont has built more than 50 stadiums, including seven NFL stadiums, 15 sports arenas, over 30 total precast multi-family structures, and more than 1,000 parking structures.
We are currently receiving resumes for a Senior Design Engineer to be part of our dynamic team for our Greenville, SC, location.
The overall responsibilities of a Senior Design Engineer include:
- Perform engineering calculations and details for all products and connections
- Independently manage engineering design aspects of a project with minimal assistance or guidance
- Check engineering design calculations and details of others – including external consultants/subcontractors - for accuracy, efficiency, and adherence to Metromont standards (except for laterals)
- Complete repairs without assistance
- Resolve engineering design issues independently (except for laterals)
- Assist others with resolving engineering design issues (except for laterals)
- Attend project meetings; may lead coordination meetings
- Independently perform lateral design
- Write and review requests for information (RFI)
- Actively aware of production processes through regular plant visits
- Evaluates design cost as compared to estimate and takes appropriate action
Technical requirements for this position include:
- BS Civil Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred
- PE Certification required
- 4-8 years of relevant engineering experience; previous precast knowledge preferred
- Bachelors or better in Civil Engineering required
- 4-8 years required: Relevant engineering experience; previous precast knowledge preferred
Licenses & Certifications
Applicants may apply online at www.metromont.com and choose the Careers page.
We are looking for candidates who are highly-dependable with a strong work ethic, enjoy a collaborative work environment and are eager to learn from others, strongly values relationships and interaction with people, can maintain a balanced perspective about change and adapt when necessary, is an analytical thinker with above-average problem-solving skills, and has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. If you possess these qualifications, we would love to hear from you!
Metromont Corporation (Company) is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. To this end, the Company does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or other medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected status. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Company facilities.
The Company is also committed to making reasonable accommodations based on an individual’s disability, religion, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including, but not limited to, lactation), or any other protected status where a reasonable accommodation is required under the law.
No form of unlawful discrimination, unlawful harassment, unlawful refusal to reasonably accommodate or unlawful retaliation will be tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)