Did you recently graduate with a degree in Civil Engineering, or will you graduate soon? Are you ready to bring your textbooks to life?
Mid-States Concrete Industries is looking for an innovative, highly motivated, and exceptionally passionate individual to join our team and partake in a new training program. The training program will last about 12 months and will allow this individual to explore multiple departments within our company – production, field, sales, quality, safety, engineering, and design – to obtain a deep understanding of precast, done The Mid-States Way.
The ideal candidate has an immense willingness to learn, ask questions, and take initiative to learn this business from the ground up. Passion, loyalty, innovation, and remarkable intelligence are among the ideal candidate’s finest qualities. After rotating through the various departments, this individual will land on the Engineering & Design team as a Project Engineer.
A day in the life of a Project Engineer will include working with the team to start a project off right; asking the questions necessary to ensure the success of a project; sorting out all RFIs prior to beginning engineering; reviewing drawings, calcs, and piece tickets; generating computations; and working on three-to-five projects at a time.
We’re a team, so the ability to work independently, while also collaborating with your teammates is a must. Your duties include working with the team to start a project off right and asking the necessary questions to ensure the success of a project.
A four-year degree in Civil Engineering or a related field is a must. However, no experience is necessary. We’ll provide all the training necessary. Possessing an EIT designation is a plus, but we will work with the right candidate to help them obtain that designation.
At Mid-States Concrete, we live The Mid-States Way every day and believe that being a little weird is a good thing, so a good sense of humor is a must. Our vision is to change the world by being the safest and most innovative precast building company. Are you the one to help us do that? Visit msprecast.com to learn more.
This position has duties and responsibilities in the following areas: to rotate through the different departments of Mid-States Concrete Industries, including Production, Field, Sales, Quality, Safety, and Engineering & Design, to learn the business from the ground up. After the rotation and additional training, the Engineer in Training will hold a spot in the Engineering and Design Department as a Project Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare structural computations for precast components, precast structures, and any associated connections.
- Specify design requirements for precast components, precast structures, and any associated connections.
- Check submittal drawings prepared by project designer for conformance with the intent of contract documents and the specified design requirements.
- Check erection drawings prepared by project designer for release to production.
- Check production drawings for conformance with erection drawings and specified design requirements.
- Communicate with Project Team as necessary for successful completion of assigned projects.
- Work internally with production, purchasing & installation team members to aid and resolve project issues.
- Actively work with Senior Structural Engineer to create tools to increase productivity.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Educational experience necessary, and willingness to learn, to prepare structural precast computations.
- Understanding of building code requirements.
- AutoCAD drafting skills.
- Employee must be detail orientated.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent understanding of construction processes (architectural drawings, details, and constructability).
- Possess great organizational skills.
- Be proficient with MS office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Understanding of engineering software.
- Exhibit a strong willingness to learn.
- Must prepare for and take the NCEES FE Exam to become an EIT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Have the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as structural analysis of building systems and components.
Still reading? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.