Full Time, Salary range: $85,000 to $110,000 annually
Bonus Eligibility: Discretionary
EnCon Companies is a national leading precast concrete manufacture supplying over 20 states with engineered concrete solutions. With PCI certified plants in Georgia, Colorado, and Arizona, EnCon supplies prestressed and precast systems for Office Building, Parking Structures, Stadiums, Enclosure Systems, Industrial Projects, and DOT Infrastructure Projects.
Prestressed / Precast Concrete is manufactured in a manufacturing facility, delivered to the project site, and erected in place. The primary process steps are Sales, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Production, and Installation. EnCon offers growth potential within and across the entire organization, providing a long-term career path.
EnCon is currently seeking a Chief Engineer. Acting as the senior engineer, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing a training curriculum to advance new hires and existing design engineers. The Chief Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and development of the design standards for all the EnCon manufacturing companies. Design standards include forming constraints, design process and logic, code conformance and calculation package development. In addition, the Chief Engineer will support the department management and throughput of design work while acting as a lead engineer on specific projects as required.
Technical Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the EnCon Design standards to ensure safe efficient design work references plant specific preferences and capabilities
- Develop and maintain a training program specific to training prestressed and precast design practices specific to the EnCon Company market segments
- Lead a design teams for the preparation of required design and details for specific projects assigned by Engineering Manager, while taking into account:
- Compliance with building codes and project-specific design requirements
- Meeting the project deadlines and ensuring design quality
- Safe, efficient and economical production, stripping, transportation, installation, shoring and alignment of the product
- Adherence to Company standards and procedures in design and detailing
- Budget and material limitations of the project
- Participate in project planning and execution by:
- Review of construction documents in the preplanning phase to identify project scope, schedule, and design approach
- Review of plans, details and specifications and provide interpretation. Identify deficiencies and assist with resolution
- Maintaining project design and communication documentation for the duration of the job
- Assist Engineering Manager in:
- Preparation of design effort estimates, staffing schedules and assignments, and budget tracking
- Coordination with manufacturing facilities to identify workload and schedules
- Providing technical assistance to other departments as required
- Report project and staff progress to Engineering Manager at regular intervals
- Supervise and provide guidance as necessary to department and other employees as assigned
- Be informed of current developments within the organization and the industry
- Continuously look for or develop methods to improve efficiency and economy
- Pursue professional development whenever possible
- Naturally be detail-oriented, accurate and strive for perfection.
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, self-starter.
- Experience with 3D AutoCAD – Preferred
- Working experience with Revit –Strongly preferred
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office software and Precast Design Software. (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams)
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS in Civil Engineering preferred
- PE registration required with ability to obtain registrations in other states where EnCon operates
- 401(k) and 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- A minimum Paid Time Off plan of 22.5 days, which includes National Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Long Term Disability, Life/ADD
EnCon Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on national origin, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, age, disability, or other legally protected status.
Qualified candidates contact Rachel Johnson, Marketing Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.