Concrete Technology is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for maintaining plant facilities and equipment in accordance with control and cost standards, and implementation of company policies and procedures to maximize efficiency, quality and safety in the production of CTC products.
Concrete Technology Corporation pioneered the development of the prestressed concrete industry in the United States. The 30-acre plant includes over 120,000 sf of enclosed production facilities; a state-of-the-art batch plant; welding, rebar, and carpentry fabrication shops; bridge, gantry, and mobile cranes; and shipping by truck, rail, and barge. The result of this is that literally thousands of bridges, buildings, piers, tanks, floats and other structures throughout the Pacific Northwest and Alaska have been built with Concrete Tech products.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Expedites scheduled preventive maintenance, equipment repairs and installations in the plant efficiently while meeting all safety and quality objectives
- Routinely evaluates equipment and use practices in the plant in an effort to maintain safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ensures all safety rules and procedures are complied with including weekly toolbox meeting. Serves on Safety Committee when assigned
- Trouble shoots faulty plant equipment to develop corrective actions and recommends upgrades as needed
- Processes work orders issued by plant and ensures crews work objectives are consistently being met
- Establishes and communicates daily work objectives effectively to crews
- Attends planning and coordination meetings as needed and participates in weekly Manpower meeting
- Exercises ongoing housekeeping efforts
- Collects and maintains cost control measures using Sage and Manager Plus software and allocates direct and non-direct labor hour reports daily through time-keeping system
- Consistently and fairly enforces all conditions of Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Enforces Absenteeism Policy and Safety Disciplinary Procedures
- Provides Evaluation of Unionized employee skills, qualifications and abilities and assists with promotions, evaluation of training needs, implementation of training and termination as necessary
- Promotes a positive work environment by developing good working relationships within all plant personnel and business associates and fosters a team environment where every individual’s contribution is valued and respected
- Performs other duties as delegated by Plant Manager, Facilities Manager and Director of Operations
Minimum knowledge and skills:
- Ability to effectively manage a workforce in a fair and consistent manner and consistent with safety and other company policies.
- Industrial Maintenance degree and a minimum of 5 years work experience in industrial maintenance preferred.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office Suite, Timberline, Sage or similar computer knowledge preferred.
- Must be capable of working productively in a team environment.
Special Notes and Conditions: Due to multiple Maintenance crew shifts and unexpected events, the position is expected to work when needed.
CTC offers an excellent salary/benefits package. Apply online at: https://concretetech.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=39.
Location: Tacoma, Washington