KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned materials engineering firm, internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection and asset integrity. Five business units comprise the $40 million enterprise offering a broad range of coatings, steel, concrete fabrication and building envelope inspection, evaluation, and testing services in nearly every market and industry. KTA is a highly sought-after partner providing customer-driven innovation, cutting edge technology, and world-class service delivery for the protection of our clients’ assets and the world’s infrastructure.
Due to our sustained growth, KTA is looking to add to the team and has a great opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer/Project Management Specialist who is self-motivated, a team player, growth oriented and knowledgeable of the industry. Working with the other managers and inspection personnel within KTA’s inspection groups, this seasoned professional will help us grow our employee-owned company by ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and developing new business opportunities.
This is a challenging position, requiring a complex combination of technical expertise, verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, and people skills, along with the ability to prioritize and collaborate on multiple projects while meeting project milestones. The Senior Project Engineer/Project Management Specialist will work remotely based out of Florida. The position requires travel to visit multiple jobsites, fabrication facilities and clients, which may be up to two weeks each month.
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where employee owners are treated with dignity and respect and are valued for their contributions. KTA seeks diversity, inclusivity, and equality, and employee owners are expected to uphold and exemplify our core values of passion, professionalism, hardworking and honesty. With employee owner inspired values, we are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We provide the training and support to take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA you will work with, learn from and be given the opportunity to become the best in the industry.
We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and employee ownership.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. While all candidates will be considered, KTA especially encourages female, minorities, veterans, and candidates with disabilities to apply to this and all job postings. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EEO
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will know you have been successful when within 12 months you have:
- Acted as the client manager to existing and new customers by managing assigned projects to ensure the timely delivery of KTA’s services, within the scope and budget of the project.
- Provided a positive customer experience that will help to secure a stable backlog of work;
- Prepared winning proposals to support future workloads;
- Established and maintained an efficient methodology for managing the field inspectors along with developing good working relationships with them;
- Mentored and developed skills in field inspection personnel who are providing inspection services during shop fabrication and field construction;
- Fostered relationships and generated new business, by exploring new markets and service offerings for KTA to provide within and outside our core transportation market; and
- Generated business for the company through networking and actively participating and assuming leadership positions in targeted local and national industry associations.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required .
- Five years of industry-related experience in Project Management or QC/QA management.
Licenses & Certifications:
- The successful candidate should have industry qualifications (such as ACI/PCI, AMPP, ASNT, CWI, or NICET) and Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure.
- Close, distance, depth vision and ability to adjust focus;
- Ability to hear, speak, and walk on uneven terrain;
- Willingness to travel and ability to work outside on occasion.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick or personal days
- 401k Retirement plan with match
- Profit sharing
- PPE provided
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Tuition assistance/reimbursement
- Work gear allowance