Do you drive by buildings and wonder, how’d they do that? Do you look at a building and know how they did that?
Mid-States Concrete Industries is looking for an innovative, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and exceptionally positive Project Engineer (PE, SE, EIT) with precast concrete knowledge and experience.
The rock star Project Engineer is passionate and confident in their ability to work as a team to create a successful project – for multiple projects at a time. The ideal candidate possesses top-notch leadership skills, awesome communication skills and the can-do attitude necessary to transform construction documents into the multi-family apartment building a newlywed couple calls their first home, while meeting deadlines.
We’re a team, so come with an excellent work ethic, integrity, and willingness to take initiative and speak up with your ideas.
A day in the life of a Project Engineer will include working with the team to start a project off right; asking the questions necessary to ensure the success of a project; sorting out all RFIs prior to beginning engineering; reviewing drawings, calcs, and piece tickets; generating computations; and working on three-to-five projects at a time.
A four-year degree in Civil Engineering or a related field is a must, as is precast knowledge. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running.
At Mid-States Concrete, we live The Mid-States Way every day and believe that being a little weird is a good thing, so a good sense of humor is a must. Our vision is to change the world by being the safest and most innovative precast building company. Are you the one to help us do that? Visit msprecast.com to learn more.
This position has duties and responsibilities in the following areas: to prepare computations and be responsible for drawings for precast concrete components and structures while maintaining a primary focus on public safety, cost, and schedule. To provide support and direction to project designers and project leaders in order to facilitate timely progress on assigned projects. To work with and assist sales, production, quality control, project managers, field personnel, contractors, architects, and engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare structural computations for precast components, precast structures, and any associated connections.
- Specify design requirements for precast components, precast structures, and any associated connections.
- Submit RFIs as needed to complete the computations and needed to specify design requirements.
- Check submittal drawings prepared by project designer for conformance with the intent of contract documents and the specified design requirements.
- Check erection drawings prepared by project designer for release to production.
- Check production drawings for conformance with erection drawings and specified design requirements.
- Evaluate and resolve discrepancy reports.
- Communicate with Project Team as necessary for successful completion of assigned projects.
- Coordinate accurate estimated completion dates with Project Leaders and Project Managers.
- Work internally with production, purchasing & installation team members to aid and resolve project issues.
- Actively work with Senior Structural Engineer to create tools to increase productivity.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Ability to prepare structural precast computations.
- Understanding of building code requirements.
- AutoCAD drafting skills.
- Employee must be detail orientated.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent understanding of construction processes (architectural drawings, details, and constructability).
- Possess great organizational skills.
- Be proficient with MS office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Be proficient with engineering software.
- Exhibit a strong willingness to learn.
- To obtain and maintain licensure as a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Have the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as structural analysis of building systems and components.
Still reading? Send your resume to email@example.com.