PB, Lawrenceville, N.J.
Agate Construction Co., Ocean View, N.J.
New Jersey Turnpike Authority, Woodbridge, N.J.
Precast Systems, Allentown, N.J.
Precast Specialty Engineer
Freyssinet, Sterling, Va.
Key Project Attributes
- Precast concrete design cost $5.1 million less than a comparable steel option.
- Resulted in high performance structure
- Reduced footprint within the waterway
- Resiliency of precast was important for this structure due to its location
- Features 1,230 feet (375 m) of precast concrete
- Span lengths were maximized to 220 feet (67 m)
- Three 8 feet (2.4 m) diameter drill shafts that extend over 150 feet (46 m)
- Seven prestressed concrete spliced girders sitting on pier caps
- Took six months to be completed