Architect, Engineer of Record, and General Contractor
Clark Construction Group
United States Army
Precaster and Precast Specialty Engineer
Oldcastle Building Systems
Key Project Attributes
- Fabricating the precast concrete components under controlled conditions in the plant ensured high quality and tight tolerances, minimizing field adjustments and speeding up erection time.
- Casting components off-site while site work was completed allowed precast concrete pieces to be ready for erection as soon as foundations were ready, speeding up construction.
Hollowcore plank provides long, durable spans that offer design flexibility and low maintenance.
- Design application provides force protection to ensure stability even after a blast may compromise exterior walls.
- Four 81,000-square-foot buildings with precast concrete hollowcore floors to provide blast protection that prevents progressive collapse.
- Design features exterior wall supporting hollowcore with a 10’8” backspan with a 10-foot-long cantilever, rather than one 20’8” span. This ensures that if the exterior wall is compromised, the hollowcore remains supported by the cantilever of the interior wall.
- 8-inch-thick slabs feature four ½-inch top strands in addition to standard six ½-inch bottom strands.