- County of Lancaster, Lancaster, Pa.
Precast Producer and Precast Specialty Engineer
- Newcrete Products, Center Valley, Pa.
- Rettew Associates Inc., Lancaster, Pa
- Kinsley Construction Inc., York, Pa.
Key Project Attributes
- Precast concrete’s aesthetic versatility allowed original arch design to be replicated with more strength and longer-term durability to reduce maintenance needs.
- Design was cast to exact specifications in plant-controlled conditions.
- Epoxy-coated rebar and modified mix design with reduced aggregate size provided high resistance to permeability and more corrosion resistance.
- Precast concrete tied-through arches, consisting of a maximum height of 11’-7 ½”, a top chord of 1’8” x 2’0”, a bottom chord of 1’8” by 2’7”, with vertical and diagonal length of 1’0” x 1’1”
- 47 tons per arch
- 25,000 pounds of reinforcing and temporary post-tensioning strands.
- Post-tensing strands used for lifting and transporting only; released after erection.
- Form tolerances set to a maximum of 1/16 inch using survey and control equipment.
- Modified concrete mix design with reduced aggregate size to ensure concrete consolidation.