Minnesota Vikings Football, LLC Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, Minneapolis, MN
Precast Concrete Producer and PCI Certified Erector
Wells, Maple Grove, MN
Precast Specialty Engineer
The Consulting Engineers Group, Inc., Mt. Prospect, IL
HKS, Inc., Dallas, TX
Engineer of record
Thornton Tomasetti, KC, Kansas City, MO
Mortenson Construction, Minneapolis, MN
Key Project Attributes
- Designing stadia sections at a length of 65 ft with a 4.6 Hz natural frequency/bounce requirement.
- Signal risers were cast upside-down allowing the walking surface to have a more durable form finish.
- The upper bowl was erected followed by the lower bowl to accommodate crane location.
- Provide 1,752,000 ft² of precast concrete pieces for the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
- Project included 5,096 precast concrete elements.
- Construction was completed in two-and-a-half years.
- Project cost: $1.1 billion
- Project size: 1,752,000 ft²