R.W. Sidley of Thompson, OH is actively seeking a salaried full-time salary Precast Estimator. There will be an extensive training period by a highly seasoned senior estimator with planned retirement in the near future. We are also seeking input for continuous improvement, leveraging technology, to transition to model based estimation and process improvement - you can get in on the ground floor of the pilot program! Do you like having a mentor? Do you like data analysis? Do you enjoy helping others complete a job? Are you looking to bring your skills to a company that cares about you like family, wants to see you succeed, and gets to know you more than a coworker? Do you like the "small town" feel of Thompson, OH? We are looking for a Precast Estimator who is willing to learn the ins and outs of our company! If this sounds like the job you've been looking for, we want to meet you!
We also offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental vision, a 401(k) plan with up to a 4.5% match, paid vacation and holidays, 100%-company-paid life insurance, 100% company-paid short- and long-term disability, significant employee discounts for all products we sell, weekly pay, and more!
Also eligible for bonus pay (discretionary subject to board approval)!
ABOUT R.W. SIDLEY, INC. CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL SOLUTIONS
Established in 1933 as a mining and manufacturing company, we have continued to build our company from our original core products of silica sand and bank gravel. Having grown to several locations across Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania, we provide a range of construction materials and services to countless businesses in the construction industry throughout the Midwest as well as to homeowners in our local areas. We manufacture and supply bulk aggregates, industrial minerals, ready-mix concrete, masonry block products, structural and architectural precast components, and other building supplies.
You don't find a great work culture like ours every day. We have a great family vibe that welcomes positive, hardworking, and friendly people who enjoy being part of a cohesive team. We have an informal work environment but are serious about what we do. Our employees are too busy being productive and building relationships with our customers to get bogged down in office politics. We really care about our employees and that is reflected in the top pay and generous benefits that we offer. We want them to succeed and feel valued. They appreciate that they are treated with respect and not micromanaged. To hear more, be sure to check out our employee reviews on Glassdoor!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PRECAST ESTIMATOR
- Preferred that applicants have Certified Professional Estimator certification from ASPE (American Society of Professional Estimators)
- Preferred that applicants have some experience with BIM and 3D Modeling
- Any experience in construction or precast concrete or a related trade industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats of English at a professional business level required.
- Candidates not already residing in Northeast, OH must be willing to relocate.
RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Quantitative "Take-Off" Precast Concrete Product Scope of work from Bid Drawing Documents.
- FYI: We are planning to transition to model-based estimating utilizing BIM technology. Create 3-D BIM massing models for cost estimation.
- (Planned transition) Develop and create 3-D BIM massing models for presentation to Customers.
- Review and analyze bid construction and contractual specifications.
- Identify Scope of Work, Qualifications and Exclusions.
- Manage Vendor Pricing: Prepare Invitation for bids, solicit, review, level and summarize.
- Estimate Manufacturing/Production and Installation costs.
- Prepare and provide detailed and summarized estimate reports.
- Review Customer Scope of Work check lists.
- Reconcile Estimates to Final As-Sold Sales Orders and Company cost coding system for Sales Order Processing.
- Maintain Bid Calendar and Bid schedules.
- Track performance metric data.
- Perform Quick Budget Estimates for Budget / ROM (rough-order-of-magnitude) Pricing.
- Provide Value Engineering when needed.
- Support Sales Team as required.
- Interface with all internal departments for relevant cost data and processes.
- Other duties as required
While experienced estimators are always welcomed, we can train the right person! Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you known for going above and beyond? Do you have a winning attitude and approachable personality? Do you take pride in your work? If so, you might just be perfect for this entry-level or experienced Precast Estimator job.
This full-time salaried position generally works Monday - Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, with some flexibility, depending on projects. This position is not work from home.
READY TO JOIN OUR SIDLEY TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this entry-level or experienced regional driving job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application https://rwsidley.applicantpro.com/jobs/1829394.html. We look forward to meeting you!