Tindall is currently hiring for a Design Supervisor. Our Design Supervisor is responsible for managing the design department and ensuring that all projects are completed on time and meet specifications by implementing, developing, sustaining and improving high quality design/drafting standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work, including work assignments, performance evaluations and salary evaluations of the departments Designers.
- Mentor incoming Designers, familiarizing them with Tindall Standards, operating procedures, etc. and discuss the Quality System, with emphasis on Price of Nonconformance.
- Attend and contribute information to project kick-off meetings.
- Conduct cursory check of all erection drawings for general conformance with contract drawings and review with Project Engineer.
- Analyze projects and prepare a time management plan for completion dates.
- Make complete checks of representative shop cards on all projects.
- Utilize current shop card check lists to ensure conformance to standards.
- Enforce the use of departmental established checking tools.
- Collaborate with department personnel to develop/optimize checking techniques or any other accuracy enhancements.
- Collect and evaluate repair work orders attributed to engineering or plant errors.
- Work with Engineering Manager to assemble corrective action groups to address recurring rework items.
- Maintain departments master drafting schedule and work closely with Engineering Manager to prioritize projects and production lines.
- Collaborate with Production regarding forming constraints to drafting schedule.
- Communicate extensively with Production Planning to ensure the Engineering department satisfies three-day lead time requirement.
- Perform field observations as required as an engineering representative.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
This role may have no supervisory responsibilities but will be expected to be the mentor for all design personnel. The role may carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include assisting the Division Engineering Manager in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate Degree (A.A) in Drafting is required with at least 5 years of related experience at minimum and/or training in the precast industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-2 years of leadership experience is required. 10 years’ experience in drafting in Precast is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- must have in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD, 3-D Modeling, and technical writing.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and compose complex instructions, detailed correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal customers and other interested parties in the organization.
- Must be functionally literate in the fundamentals of Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Must be proficient in the utilization of fractions, percentages, and ratios & proportions.
- Must have accuracy in computing areas and volumes.
- Ability to deal with problems arising from errors or missing information on drawings during the production and erection phases of a project.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must:
- Regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Frequently stand and walk.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The job operates in a professional office environment with minimal noise levels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Tindall is a zero-tolerance drug-free workplace. Applicants must be able to pass pre-employment and regular post-employment, random drug screens.
Tindall Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EEO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Click https://www.nationjob.com/job/TDCP133 to apply online.