This position is accountable for preparing complete sets of drawings including multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings. Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas to compute quantities depicted on the drawings. Performs many assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. At project level, takes direction from a Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Senior Drafter or Chief Project Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope and Impact
- The existence of CTC relies heavily on this position for the preparation of detailed drawings for the production of Concrete Technology products.
- Prepares complete drawing packages from information provided by contract drawings, sketches, manufacturer’s literature or verbal communication. Determines the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information necessary to depict the precast member or structure. Independently resolves most problems encountered.
- Prepares drawing masters for standard products, or for repetitive non-standard products.
- Runs simple engineering calculations required for drawing preparation, such as weights, dimensions, material quantities, center of gravity locations, etc.
- Assists Senior Project Manager or Project Manager in resolving inconsistencies and conflicts on the contract drawings.
- May be asked to attend project meetings to help the Senior Project Manager or Project Manager resolve detailed problems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Project Manager.
Special Notes & Conditions
- Limited travel. Some work may require presence in the concrete manufacturing plant.
- Performs work inside. Must be highly detail-oriented and have the ability to communicate well with others.
- Employees are required to work onsite at Concrete Technology Corporation property, CTC does not offer telecommuting.
Education & Experience:
- Requires an associate degree.
- Proficiency in CAD and Excel required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be competent in computer aided drafting of design features requiring skill to visualize and portray.
- Must be proficient in math and be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be self-starter and possess quick learning abilities.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Determine the distance between objects.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick or personal days
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401k Retirement plan with match
- PPE provided
- Tuition assistance/reimbursement
- State parental leave
- Employee assistant program
- HSA online store with great prices
- Retirement Plan
- CTC does not offer relocation assistance, reimbursement, or compensation;
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work for any United States employer without sponsorship now or in the future;
- We do not offer any relocation or moving assistance.
About Concrete Technology Corporation
Concrete Technology Corporation was founded in 1951 in the Port of Tacoma and pioneered the precast prestressed concrete technology in the United States. We were the first precast prestressed company in the United States and set the standards in the U.S. market.
Today, CTC has over 30 acres located in the Port of Tacoma: including over 175,000 square feet of semi-enclosed production facilities, several outside production areas, a state-of-the-art batch plant, and our welding, rebar, and carpentry fabrication shops, bridge, gantry, and mobile cranes (Whirly Crane and Shuttle Lifts/Cranes); and the ability to ship our products by truck, rail, and barge, making us a premier prestressed precast concrete company to choose.
The result of the versatility of shipping methods is thousands of bridges, buildings, piers, tanks, floats, and other structures; throughout the Pacific Northwest and Alaska to be built with CTC products.
CTC manufactures products on many of our earned federal contracts. Based on our contracts and job functions, CTC follows a strict Drug-Free Workplace Act (DFWA), drug testing standards for all schedule 1 substances, including marijuana. Expect a pre-hire, post-accident, random, after-accident return to work and reasonable suspicion of drug testing. Safety is our #1 priority.
Becoming part of our workforce family will bring you pride to work for America's first precast prestressed concrete company and the current world record holder for the longest single piece pretensioned girder transported by truck.
CTC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants, employees, and former employees are treated fairly without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and other protected groups or activities, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.