Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio
Uzun + Case
The Loudermilk Cos.
Brasfield & Gorrie
Precast Concrete Producer
Precast Concrete Specialty Engineer
Precision Stone Setting Co.
Key Project Attributes
- Architects Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio worked closely with precast concrete producer Metromont, based in Greenville, S.C., during the schematic design stage to develop a total–precast concrete system with a double-tee floor and roof system and integral, load-bearing wall panels.
- The office tower was erected from the interior of the parking structure footprint, working from one side to the other so that a nominal laydown area was required.
- Precast concrete also allowed the contractor to focus their attention on a smaller group of trades, with the added benefit of minimizing jobsite waste from drywall, sheathings, waterproofing applications, and other equipment.
- Precast concrete components totaled 859 pieces, including 52 beams, 309 12 × 24-ft field-topped double tees, 31 columns, 92 stairs and landings, 321 wall panels and spandrels, and 54 flat slabs.
- The nine-story building includes seven floors of medical office space, 7000 square feet of retail space on the main street level, and 425 parking spaces in a seven-level deck with direct elevator access to each floor.
- The use of a total–precast concrete building system met the proposed construction schedule while offering economies in the building façade.