World Architects and Engineers, St. Paul, Minn.
BKBM Engineers, Minneapolis, Minn.
Shawn-Lundquist, St. Paul, Minn.
Independent School District, Shakopee, Minn.
Precast Concrete Producer
Gage Brothers Concrete Products, Sioux Falls, S.D.
Shakopee Public Schools, Troy Thies Photography
Key Project Attributes
- Multiple three-story towers were added onto the existing structure.
- While the addition was modular in design, work was continuous for two years on-site. During the school year, the additions were constructed around the existing building to minimize noise and traffic flow management.
- The school has a cohesive feel and there are no mismatched additions.
- 217 total precast concrete pieces
- 214 12-inch insulated wall panels
- Two 45-foot columns
- One 54-foot beam