- Candidates for the Medal of Honor shall have made extraordinary contributions to the precast concrete industry in the areas of education, research, marketing, design, management, or operations and shall have demonstrated a sincere, continuing interest in PCI during their careers.
- Nomination shall be made by:
- An individual member of PCI in good standing; or
- An employee of a PCI organizational (producer, associate, supporting organization) member in good standing; or
- An employee of PCI national or its regional affiliates or chapter partners.
- Service to PCI for which a candidate has been compensated by PCI shall not be considered as a qualifying attribute. This includes consulting work as well as employment by PCI national or its regional affiliates and chapter partners.
- Nominations for this highest award of the Institute shall be made to the Medal of Honor selection jury and shall include a nomination letter identifying the specific characteristics and qualifications of the candidate, including examples that meet the award criteria.
- Nominations shall be submitted to PCI headquarters no later than 45 days prior to the PCI Board of Directors meeting preceding the event at which the award will be presented.
- At least three letters of support from peers within the industry must be included in addition to the aforementioned nomination letter.
- Nominations approved by the jury shall be submitted to the PCI Board of Directors for ballot at least 10 days prior to any regular or special meeting of the board for approval of the nomination.
- The Medal of Honor Selection Jury shall be composed of:
- The chair of the PCI Board of Directors;
- The two most recent past chairs of the PCI Board of Directors who are available to serve; the most recent of whom shall serve as chair of the jury;
- Two of the most recent honorees who are available to serve.
- Jury vacancies shall be filled through appointment by the jury chair.
- Candidates shall:
- Meet the criteria; and
- Have been nominated within the current award cycle.
For more information or to submit a candidate, contact Arelys Schaedler, PCI’s Executive Assistant, at email@example.com.