- The recipient of the Mario J. Bertolini Leadership & Innovation Award shall:
- Be an individual who exhibits the personal and professional traits that Mario Bertolini exemplified.
- Have made very significant contributions to PCI and the precast, prestressed concrete industry over an extended period of time.
- Have provided volunteer service for the benefit of the general public, the community, and charitable organizations.
- The nomination shall be made by an individual member in good standing of PCI, an employee of an organizational member in good standing of PCI, or an employee of PCI.
Candidate Selection: Nominations for this award shall be made to the Mario J. Bertolini Leadership & Innovation Award Selection Committee and shall include a letter identifying the specific characteristics and qualifications of the candidate, including examples that meet the award criteria. The official nomination form shall be completed and included with the aforementioned letter.
- Nominations shall be evaluated by a special jury, consisting of the following:
- The current chair of the PCI Board of Directors, who shall serve as chair.
- The PCI president.
- Six PCI Chapter/Partner Representatives.
- The chair of the PCI Research & Development Council.
- The two most recent recipients of the award who are able and willing to serve.
- There shall be only one recipient of the award during any annual award cycle.
Recognition: PCI shall honor the recipient of the Mario J. Bertolini Leadership & Innovation Award by presenting an appropriate recognition at the PCI Convention.