- The recipient of the Mario J. Bertolini Leadership & Innovation Award shall:
- Be an individual who exhibits the personal and professional traits that Mario Bertolini exemplified; and
- Have made very significant contributions to PCI and the precast concrete industry over an extended period of time; and
- Have provided volunteer service for the benefit of the general public, the community, and charitable organizations.
- The nomination shall be made by:
- An individual member of PCI in good standing; or
- An employee of an organizational (producer, associate, supporting organization) member in good standing of PCI; or
- An employee of PCI national or its regional affiliates or chapter partners.
- Nominations for this award shall be made to the Mario J. Bertolini Leadership & Innovation Award selection jury and shall include a letter identifying the specific characteristics and qualifications of the candidate, including examples that meet the award criteria.
- At least three additional letters of support from peers within the industry must be included with the nomination form.
- The official nomination form shall be completed and included with the aforementioned letter.
- Nominations shall be submitted to PCI headquarters no later than 90 days prior to the event at which the award is to be presented.
- Final recipient determination from the selection jury shall be due to PCI 60 days prior to the event at which the award will be presented.
- The selection jury shall consist of the following:
- The current chair of the PCI Board of Directors, who shall serve as chair;
- The PCI president;
- Six senior PCI board members of regional affiliates or chapter partners;
- The chair of the PCI Research & Development Council;
- The two most recent recipients of the award who are able and willing to serve.
- Jury vacancies shall be filled through appointment by the jury chair.
Nominate a candidate:
Please complete the electronic nomination form below. Please note that the form cannot be saved and must be completed in one sitting. You must submit a nomination letter with this form along with at least three additional letters of support from peers within the industry.