- Bowie Gridley Architects, Washington, D.C.
- Cardno Haynes Whaley, Inc., Houston, Tex.
- Clark Construction, Bethesda, Md.
- King Abdullah Academy, Herndon, Va.
- Gate Precast Company, Oxford, N.C.
- E.E. Marr Erectors, Baltimore, Md.
Key Project Attributes
- Precast concrete's ability to be finely cast into intricate patterns allowed for a custom design in a cost-effective package.
- Creating the façade in large panels allowed for quicker erection of the building envelope.
- Precast concrete design evokes the colors of the desert.
- Total cost of project: $98,000,000
- Total square footage: 320,000 square feet
- Create a durable precast concrete façade with custom detailing for this three-story school.
- Project consists of 818 precast concrete pieces including spandrels, column covers, wall panels, punched windows, caps, benches, and a sign.
- The wall panels averaged about 150 ft2 while spandrels averaged 175 ft2.