Thursday, August 13 2020, 12PM Central
Credits: Approved by AIA CES for 1.0 LU/HSW
- Economic Benefits of building with Precast Concrete will be presented. Cost benefits of precast concrete through improved schedule and construction (erection) speed, site operations and coordination with other trades.
- Quality issues discussed to include plant certification, precast concrete durability, and quality of precast concrete products and systems.
- Maintenance of parking structures will be discussed in the areas of housekeeping, preventive maintenance, and repairs. The selection of materials in design that will affect the durability of a parking structure will also be discussed.
- The basic elements of precast parking structures will be presented.
Presenter: Corey Greika P.E.
Vice President and Sales Manager of the Coreslab Structures (Indianapolis) plant in Indianapolis, Indiana
- 21 years in the precast/prestressed concrete industry
- Started as a QC technician while in college.
- Held positions of QC technician, plant engineer, design engineer, engineering manager, sales engineer, and sales manager.
- Graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelors of Civil Engineering and a Bachelor’s of Science in Architecture.
- Worked in Atlanta construction market for 8 years before moving to Indianapolis.
- Member of the PCI Marketing Council.