Credits: AIA CEU 1.0 HSW
1. Define high performance structures and identify key attributes and benefits of high performance and sustainable learning environments educational facilities.
2. Explain basic approaches to high performance and resilient school design using precast concrete.
3. Promote the concept of functional resilience and its importance in educational facilities.
4. Learn how prefabricated, integrated architectural and structural precast concrete design solutions contribute to life safety features including: fire safety, storm resistance, acoustics and indoor air quality.
5. Share how off-site construction and prefabricated manufacturing with natural, low-embodied energy materials contribute to life cycle design, accelerate construction, reduce site disturbance and waste, reduce transportation of materials and provide easier coordination of trades.
6. Describe concepts to control cost and quality, reduce maintenance, and meet sustainable design goals.
Presenter: Peter I. Finsen, FPCI, Assoc. AIA
Executive Director & CEO, Georgia/Carolinas PCI, A Chapter of the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute