Join PCI-West as We Discuss Prefabricated Concrete Façade System Connections
In a recent study by FMI, architects and owners ranked exterior walls as the most complex component of a building to work with; citing water intrusion, trade coordination, code compliance and cost as their primary concerns.
Prefabricated concrete building façade systems can help ease the burden of building envelope design. Understanding how to connect these primary barrier systems to a building’s structure can give insights into the benefits of this building systems approach.
- Definitions and diagrams of standard connections for prefabricated façade systems including traditional Architectural Precast, GFRC and Thinshell
- Design for pre-welds and embeds
- Aesthetic and resilience considerations
- Safeties and conclusions
Presenter: Mike Ryan, PE, LEED AP BD+C,
- Define the three primary panelized façade systems (Architectural Precast, GFRC, and Thinshell) and understand the standard connections for them
- Understand design considerations for pre-welds and embeds
- Understand aesthetic and resilience considerations
- Understand safeties and best practices
Director of Building Envelope Products for Clark Pacific and PCI West Producer Member
Earn AIA CEU Credit from the comfort of your own office.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 @ 10am PT
Continuing Education Credit: Each webinar is registered for one hour of continuing education credit. Continuing education credits may include LUs/PDHs. To receive credit, you must attend the full webinar and provide complete registration information. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org