PCI Certification Logos Policy and Use
The PCI logos are registered symbols, and the use of the PCI certification logos is carefully controlled. Each PCI Certified Plant is clearly instructed and monitored regarding PCI logo usage and display.
PCI plant certification logos cannot be used on a product, packaging, items such as laboratory test, calibration or inspection reports, calculations, production drawings or bid proposal documents, or in any other manner that may create the impression that PCI is in any way connected to or endorses any element of the organization’s business operations or implies product conformity. The PCI plant certification logos allow precast/prestressed concrete manufacturing plants certified by PCI to demonstrate to the market that they have been certified. Authorization to use the PCI certification logos is granted to precast/prestressed concrete manufacturing plants that have positively completed and continue to operate in compliance with the PCI Plant Certification Program process.
The PCI Certified Plant is informed that the mark of accreditation body is to be used only in relation to the scope sectors for which the management system’s certification scheme of PCI is accredited, and use of the logo is to refer exclusively to the services or management aspects subject to certification by PCI and to which the certificates of compliance issued by PCI refer.
PCI maintains the sole ownership of all certificates it provides. To help protect against the risks of counterfeiting or false claims of certification, any interested party may contact PCI to verify the validity of a certificate.
Auditors are responsible for checking on the usage of the PCI plant certification logo during surveillance and renewal audits.
PCI will provide the following services for each certified plant:
- Provide the certified plant with an official certificate expiring at the end of the Term attesting to the status of the plant as a PCI Certified Plant.
- Confirm the status of the plant as a PCI Certified Plant to any persons or organizations contacting PCI to request such information.
- Authorize the certified plant to use specific PCI registered logos to officially signify the PCI-Certified status of the plant.
- Routinely verify that the use of the PCI plant certification logo is in conformance with appropriate requirements and assist plants with any questions they have regarding its use.
- Exercise proper control of ownership and shall take action to deal with incorrect references to certification status or misleading use of certification documents, marks or audit reports.
- Such action could include requests for correction and corrective action, suspension, withdrawal of certification, publication of the transgression and, if necessary, legal action.
- The PCI document titled, “Action Regarding Withdrawn Certificates”, includes details about common causes for withdrawal of certificates, contractual causes for withdrawing certificates, and PCI Logo Usage requirements.
PCI Certification Logo Usage Requirements
Please refer to the document, available here, for PCI Certification Logo Usage Requirements
Terms of PCI Logo Usage, and Sanctions
Please refer to the document, available here, for Terms of PCI Logo Usage, and Sanctions.
PCI Member and Certification Logos
To obtain PCI Certified Plant and Member logos, please click here.