At American Concrete we manufacture Prestressed Precast concrete products for the rail roads and commercial concrete projects. We build slab and box beams, caps, abutments and other bridge components. Columns, beams, girders, walls and a variety of other components for many types of commercial projects. We are currently looking to hire a QC Inspector.
Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager within the Operations department, the Quality Control Inspector performs and documents quality control inspections of all types of precast concrete products.
The inspection process includes, but is not limited to evaluating pieces for dimensional accuracy, required tolerances and aesthetic appearance as well in interpreting piece tickets and production drawings (blueprints) . The quality control technician is also responsible for daily shipping and receiving finished product and raw materials.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performs pre-pour inspection of all forms, reinforcement, steel and inserts, in a timely manner to maintain optimized work flow and assists in finding ways to decrease delays and cause for rework.
- Maintains daily and project production records.
- Checks and verifies all dimensions of cast-in embeds.
- Completes daily Quality Control documentation.
- Inspects all finished product. Documents and follows-up on any precast product that requires patching or rework.
- Ensures that all precast products are correctly marked.
- Assists other Quality Control personnel in testing of materials and finished products as required.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining plant and yard safety in accordance with Company Safety Manual and under the direction of the Safety Coordinator.
- Receiving materials and shipping finished product.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ Years of Concrete Testing Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy when documenting information
- High coordination and organization skills.
- Proficient at reading a tape measure
- Blueprint reading is a plus
Licenses & Certifications:
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs (rarely)
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Profit Sharing
- Competitive Compensation & Benefit Package
- 401K with Match
- Boot Allowance
- Overtime available 401(k)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Have you ever worked with precast concrete?
Are you ACI or PCI certified? If so which one and what level?
Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Reference Check & Employment Verification are all part of our hiring process.
Qualified candidates contact:
Erica Gallo, Recruiter, email@example.com