Tackling your Precast BIM pain points with Tekla Structures & Trimble Connect
Date and time: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
This free webinar will review routine issues that precasters encounter in their BIM workflows. We will be highlighting the latest developments from Trimble's Tekla Structures and Trimble Connect. Our demonstration will include the latest features in Dynamic Modeling, Information Management, Drawing Automation and Project Collaboration.
- Show how to use Tekla to drastically speed processing times of larger models.
- Review technology that allows deformed shapes, such as Double Tees and IT Beams, in model and at the same time showing unreformed shapes on piece drawings.
- Produce automated piece drawings with a real-time connection to the model.
- Demonstrate how Tekla intelligently recognizes boundaries of precast concrete shapes to allow the detailer to automate rebar and connection placement.
- Review how Tekla uses a systems approach to modeling entire floor systems and wall panel elevations vs. one by one member modeling.
- Demonstrate how Tekla tools can be customized by the end user to automate and drastically speed up functions that are typically done manually.
- Show how the Tekla Structures model can be shared with other project stakeholders via Trimble Connect and Tekla Model Sharing.
Presenter: Jon Recknagel, Precast Application Specialist
Jon has a degree in Structural Engineering from Bradley University and is a licensed PE in four separate states. Before joining Tekla Solutions as a Precast Application Specialist, Jon accumulated eight plus years of precast design experience both for a manufacturer and for a consulting firm.
Please note: This is a free, non-CEU webinar open to PCI members only.