Architect and General Contractor
- Fiegen Construction
- Dakota Beverage Company Inc.
- Gage Brothers
Key Project Attributes
- Gage Brothers worked with Fiegen Construction throughout the design process to deliver an efficient insulated wall panel system for a new building for beverage distributor Dakota Beverage.
- Precast was selected as the building material due to its thermal efficiency, durability, and visually appealing exterior.
- The owner wanted an inviting building instead of a traditional warehouse but wanted to control the budget of the project.
- Precast allowed the building to feature unique design features while being a cost effective option for both the design team and owner.
- Throughout the building, both 10” and 12” insulated wall panels were used in 34,300 square feet of precast.
- The 10” load bearing insulated wall panels were used in the warehouse, office, and dock bays.
- The building has a cooler for its beverages and 12” load bearing insulated wall panels were used with 100 linear feet of beams, 326 linear feet of columns, and a 10,000 square feet double tee roof.
- Utilizing a local aggregate, Gage Brothers added some coloring in order to achieve a warm, tan color for the panels.
- In order to create visual depth, multiple textures were used to create a darker band around the entire exterior of the building. The exterior was designed to include accents in the panels highlighting hops, a traditional brewing grain.
- By recessing the design and using a different texture on the hops, the precaster accomplished the design goal without adding excessive expense to the project.
- Thin brick clad panels were used near the main office entry in order to enhance the inviting impression and design of the building.