The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah
PCI-Certified Precast Concrete Producer
Gate Precast Company, Hillsboro, Tex.
Precast Concrete Specialty Engineer
Stehler Structural Engineering, St. Paul, Minn.
FFKR Architects, Salt Lake City, Utah
Engineer of Record
ARW Engineers, Ogden, Utah
Big-D Construction, Salt Lake City, Utah
Gate Precast Company, Intellectual Reserve, Inc., and FFKR Architects
Key Project Attributes
- A stepping-back design gives the structure a sense of rising and height.
- A raking pattern in the frieze and ornamental designs recessed into the precast concrete cladding generate shifting shadows throughout the day.
- Interlocking circles and abstract cacti imagery tie the design to the Arizona landscape.
- Create a precast concrete cladding facade for a one-story religious temple.
- The project included 213 precast concrete panels.
- Precast concrete erection was completed in six months.
- Project cost: Withheld
- Project size: 38,216 ft2