Wednesday, October 10
Thursday, October 11
Friday, October 12
Saturday, October 13
What is a Meetup? A meetup is a planned event where like-minded people meet to learn and discuss common areas of interest.
As a new member and first-time attendee, we want to make you feel welcomed and provide you an opportunity to make connections with members and PCI staff.
You will also learn how to make the most of your PCI membership. Please bring your questions; we will have our membership team and veteran members on hand!
If you plan to join us, please rsvp when you register for the conference or contact our membership department (email@example.com) to secure your spot.
Associate Member Meet Up – We want to hear from you!
Join us in The Hubb for this open forum to share your opinion and find out what’s on others minds. Now is the time to express concerns, ideas, likes and dislikes.
Join your fellow PCI members on Friday afternoon for the annual member lunch. PCI President and CEO Bob Risser will provide an update on the industry and PCI activities.
We will also recognize the 2017 Safety Award winners, the 2018 Exceptional Precast Program participants, and the 2018 Big Beam winner.
We will honor the following award recipients who have displayed excellence in the industry and their respective areas.
- Sidney Freedman Craftsmanship
The Craftsmanship Award recognizes PCI certified plants for excellence in manufacturing and craftsmanship of architectural precast or glass-fiber reinforced concrete structures and individual components.
- Educator Awards
- The Distinguished Educator Award recognizes the contributions of professional educators for a sustained period during their careers
- The Educator of the Year Award recognizes early-career contributions to the PCI education mission or a singular truly significant contribution to education.
- PCI Journal Awards – Through the years PCI has developed a number of prestigious awards to honor authors of exceptional contributions to our prized publication, PCI Journal.
- The Martin P. Korn Award, recognizes the paper offering the greatest contribution to the advancement of precast prestressed concrete technology in research and design.
- The Robert J. Lyman Award, recognizes the paper offering the greatest contribution to the advancement of plant production, site erection, or general construction of precast concrete structures.
- The George D. Nasser Award, recognizes papers relating to the design, research, production, or construction of precast concrete structures from authors who are 40 years of age or younger.
- The Charles C. Zollman Award, recognizes meritorious papers that advance the general understanding and knowledge of precast prestressed concrete by bringing together all available knowledge of a specific topic in a single report.
- The T.Y. Lin Award, is given by American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) to recognize outstanding engineers and their contributions to the field of prestressed concrete. The award is presented each year to the best paper written or coauthored by members of ASCE in the various publications of ASCE, PCI, and the American Concrete Institute during a 12-month period.
Sit back and relax with friends after a long day of committee meetings. The place to gather, eat, meet and greet is at JVI’s Headquarters’ for Concrete Chefs. This industry-wide event provides attendees and their guests a chance to meet in a casual and fun atmosphere while raising money for the PCI Foundation. Enjoy drinks, appetizers, and dinner prepared by the finest chefs in the industry. All for a minimum $40 donation to the PCI Foundation (tickets may be purchased through the registration site).
What is everyone saying about Concrete Chefs?
"The gathering and the relaxed atmosphere with great food and drinks," Keith Wallis, Prestressed Casting
"It’s an awesome way to come together and support the foundation and it’s a great way to support the industry,” Ray Clark, US Formliner.
"It’s neat to see everybody you know in the same place. You see them in and out of committee meetings and in the hallways in the hotel but this is the one place we get to see everyone at the same place.” (Joey Rowland, Walker Parking)
"The best part of Concrete Chefs is the fellowship. It’s the networking. All of the friendship from this industry. I really appreciate that Jim and Chuck and the whole team cook and work all day putting this together. Concrete Chefs is THE precast concrete industry event of the year and its done for the Foundation,” Ken Kruse, BASF.