Illini Precast, LLC
Quality Control Tech. -Burlington, WI Full Time
Illini Precast is a manufacturer of premiere precast concrete products. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of precast concrete products in the Midwest. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength
The role will be responsible for performing routine tests as required on raw materials, in process components and final product. The candidate will participate in the validation of tests, inspections, processing methods and materials qualifications. Position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of Quality Control functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily compressive strength testing of hardened concrete specimens
- Assist when necessary with strip, setup, and pouring of products
- Perform daily pre/post pour inspections on products
- Inspect in-process and finished goods against quality standards
- Inspect loaded trailers for final inspection and complete load certifications as needed
- Record keeping of inspection and testing results
- Work with appropriate Manufacturing, Engineering and Project Management Personnel to develop root cause and implement corrective action
- Participate in development and implantation of Quality Manual to meet regulatory agency requirements
- Ensure entire facility meets specifications set forth by area Departments of Transportation
- Collect, analyze, develop and present appropriate quality data, statistics, information and action plans
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines
- Communicate and interact with customers, suppliers as appropriate
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Experience & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college; or equivalent in years of related experience or training preferred
- Basic computer skills required, proficient with Microsoft Office.
Other Required Qualifications/Knowledge/Experience
- Experience in quality assurance is preferred
- ACI / PCI Certification preferred (Highly desire a candidate who has attained the ACI Field Technician Grade I or PCI Level I/II Certification)
- Experience with construction materials
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Required to pass ACI Concrete Field Testing Methods/maintain certification
- Must be willing and able to work any of the shifts and weekends when necessary.
Company matching 401K plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Plans, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to email@example.com or visit the website www.illiniprecast.com to apply.