# of Positions: 1
How to Apply: https://external-spancrete.icims.com/jobs/1212/quality-control-technician/job
Are you looking for a dynamic working environment that positions you on the front line of helping to build the foundations of our community? Try Spancrete!
No Experience? We will train the right candidate!!
$2,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
Spancrete, founded in 1946, is a manufacturer of pre-cast concrete products and machinery. Spancrete pre-cast, pre-stressed concrete products are used in commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential projects. Some well-known architecture that has used Spancrete products include Miller Park, The Bradley Center, Froedtert Hospital and the new Milwaukee Bucks arena.
Spancrete is committed to supporting EVERY Customer like they’re our only customer by being the most responsive partner and innovative provider of global building solutions.
The Quality Technician is responsible for inspecting and testing of our products, including wall panels, bridge girders, beams and columns throughout the production lifecycle, to ensure conformance with PCI standards and design specifications. This position is critical to ensuring the quality and safety of our products.
- Performs testing of materials and subassemblies such as steel plates and their anchorage.
- Inspects and records rebar strand tensioning.
- Inspects concrete beds and forms prior to concrete pour.
- Checks dimensions of various product aspects including members, number, size and position of tendons, reinforcing steel, and other incorporated materials.
- Performs regular inspection of concrete mixing, placing compaction, finishing and curing.
- Prepares concrete specimens for testing. Regularly performs test for slump, air content and cylinder strength.
- Regularly observes the production process and operations including rebar strand de-tensioning, removing pieces from concrete beds, and product handling and storage.
- Performs final inspection of finished products prior to shipment.
- Identifies and records quality issues. Works with production to resolve quality issues.
- Inspects products that are purchased from suppliers to ensure conformance with required standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to accurately read blueprints, production and erection drawings.
- Willingness to achieve the required certifications (ACI and PCI), at the company’s expense, if hired.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to work outside all year round.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
Required Soft Skills
- Ability to think on your feet in a rapidly changing environment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Sense of humor.
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality standards are met.
- Innovative, energetic and willing to share ideas.
- Rewarding/challenging work environment; we value and encourage creativity and ideas sharing
- Opportunity for growth à Clear and structured advancement progression
- Starting base rate:$20.00/hour; achievement of certifications = Monetary increases
- ACI Certification = $2.00 increase to $22.00 /hour
- PCI Level 1 Certification = $1.00 increase to $23.00/hour
- PCI Level 2 Certification = $1.00 increase to $24.00/hour
- PCI Level 3 Certification = $1.50 increase to $25.50/hour
- Company paid preparation and tests for required certifications
- Comprehensive benefits - health/dental/vision, LTD and 401(k) with competitive match.
- Start accruing vacation hours after 30 hours worked.
- $2,000 Sign on bonus!
Physical Activities performed more than 50% of the time
- Using hands to finger, handle, or touch
- Climbing or balancing
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Talking and hearing
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
Physical Activities performed up to 50% of the time:
- Reaching above shoulders
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
Environmental Conditions Encountered more than 50% of the time
- Wet, humid conditions (non-weather)
- Wet, humid conditions (weather related)
- Working near moving mechanical moving parts
- Working near fumes or airborne particles
- Working near toxic or caustic chemicals
- Extreme cold (outdoor weather conditions)
- Extreme heat (outdoor weather conditions)
- Loud noises
Environmental Conditions Encountered up to 50% of the time
- Working in high (above 4 feet) spaces
- Working in Precarious/confined spaces
Spancrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Spancrete has proudly been certified by The Good Jobs.