is a world leader providing innovative BIM software solutions to support architects, civil engineers, building contractors, and facility managers in the planning, construction, and management of buildings and infrastructure projects.
As part of all ALLPLAN aggressive growth strategy in the Americas, we are looking for a high-performing Technical Consultant to ensure we meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by providing technical support internally and externally of our software portfolio.
Provide technical support to existing customers. This can be both specific software usage and broader implementation into the design workflow.
- Be able to provide technical demonstrations and respond to potential customer queries by attending sales meetings with the sales team. This can also involve webinar demonstrations as required.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and willing to travel nationally and internationally to visit potential and existing customers, attend industry conferences, association meetings and exhibitions. Also display a personable and professional attitude.
- Assist with product development. This is a combination of recognising market requirements, key features that will lead to increased usage and sales and also technical demands which are mandatory for the NA market area.
- Become an active member of the testing team and follow all testing procedures rigorously.
- Develop key customer relationships to provide increased satisfaction and sense of value for those using our software in the NA market.
- Provide in house, office based or webinar based training for existing and potential customers. This will involve knowledge of both mechanical and electrical engineering which we will encourage and assist with from our extensive in house team of specialist personnel. Be able to plan and utilise time and resources wisely.
- Be able to work both in the office and remotely with self‐motivation and personal goal setting, without requiring regular supervision. As the role will eventually become very autonomous, the right candidate must be able to take responsibility for their own actions, complete
- tasks on time, set their own targets and outcomes, respond promptly to customer needs, and demonstrate punctuality arriving to meetings / appointments on time.
- Even though it is a mainly technical role, an understanding of sales and customer/market needs and how to grow and evolve in the market area will be essential to success.
- Independent processing and documentation of individual customer and sales partner inquiries. Explanation of the worked out solution by telephone, e-mail, and/or Go-To-Meeting
- Creation and maintenance of regional technical documentation (FAQs), how to guides and videos and promotional documentations and videos.
Minimum of 2 years working as a structural design engineer or precast detailers or rebar detailer within the AEC and/or EPC sector. Contractor and / or Consultant bias are both desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the NA market and its future demands / standards are important.
- To have at least utilised a CAD tool (3D Preferred) such as Allplan, AutoCad, RebarCad, aSa Rebar, Revit and/or Tekla on one completed project, ideally using the software from project initiation to handover.
- Be computer literate in main Windows PC packages such as Office, Adobe Acrobat, web browsers and have a knowledge of basic computer operation including VPN, file manipulation plus an understanding of online webinar / communication techniques.
- Language skills: Fluent in written and verbal English (native or bilingual proficiency)
- Educated to degree level: Bachelor or Masters in Civil Engineering. Non‐degree level qualifications will be considered if superior industry and software knowledge and experience is demonstrated.
- Have an open and communicative personality, enjoy working with customers and are a team player.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make the complicated look and feel simple.
- Committed to professional education through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong business sense and industry knowledge.
Competitive compensation with opportunity to earn incentive based Bonus for a full time position with full benefits including Health, Dental, 401K and 20 days of vacation.
The above job description is not intended to be all‐inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization’s expansion within the NA market.
Submit resumes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.