This presentation addresses how to use precast concrete wall systems to meet the latest code requirements such as continuous insulation and air barriers. Research has shown that the building envelope is one of the most complex aspects of design and reasonably so, as design teams are expected to meet client and aesthetic expectations while meeting performance standards and regulations, precast provides solutions to these concerns. This session will also touch on the idea of resilience; a structure must be able to resist environmental forces, such as high winds and earthquakes in order to protect life and fulfill its intended purpose. Additionally, moisture management, thermal mass effect, and integration with other building systems will be discussed.
Learning Unit: 1 CEU Credit
- Describe different attributes of precast concrete envelope systems
- Explain thermal mass and how to use it to create more energy efficient buildings
- Understand the concept of resiliency and how precast/prestressed concrete incorporates it to provide multi-hazard protection
- Describe aesthetic options for precast enclosure systems
- Strategies to consider for prefabricated envelope systems
Presenters: Dan Stenzel and Alex Wiltfang
Registering: You must sign in to your PCI account and submit your order to receive the order confirmation and link to the webinar.
Disclaimer: By submitting your event registration, you submit your information to the webinar organizer, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services.