Georgia/Carolinas PCI (G/C PCI) is an independent, not-for-profit, regional Chapter of the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, (PCI) serving all PCI Certified, producer members in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. Our primary mission is to enhance the precast industry’s technical, marketing, and educational promotional efforts to grow market share, by advancing the design, manufacture and use of precast and prestressed concrete products.
Georgia/Carolinas PCI, one of the leading, affiliate chapters of PCI, is currently seeking a senior level executive to replace our current Executive Director who is retiring after 20 years in this position. The successful candidate will be an accomplished self-starter who will help lead the association in the shared vision and mission established by the G/C PCI Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will have 10+/– professional years or appropriate experience in a management position and an educational background in architecture, engineering, construction management or marketing with knowledge and experience in commercial and/or transportation design and construction. Precast industry experience/knowledge is preferred and a professional license is a plus, but not required. Strong marketing skills and promotion background and are essential. The position requires a significant amount of regional, with some national travel.
The ideal candidate will embody the following personal characteristics:
- Integrity – in everything the candidate does / honest, operates with moral and ethical values
- Humility – has a servant mindset, in lieu of a me first attitudeSelf-starter / self-motivated / driven to achieve
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Good facilitator and negotiator
- Ability to build teams and consensus among disparate individuals and organizations
- Digitally adept (Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, social media, etc.)
Excellent Benefits Package:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Association pays 100% of employee’s health, vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan – association pays 3% safe harbor plus current 3% discretionary
- Short & long-term disability, optional life insurance
- Holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Auto allowance
- Travel reimbursement
Position reports to: G/C PCI Chairman (plus Executive Committee & Board of Directors)
All submissions will be kept confidential.
Submit resume and cover letter highlighting why you are interested and qualified for this position to: Rob Smith, G/C PCI Chairman (and VP/GM, Tindall Corporation, Georgia Division) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
OBJECTIVE: To manage the Association affairs of Georgia/Carolinas PCI and help grow the precast/prestressed concrete industry through technical, educational and marketing promotion in GA, NC and SC.
FUNCTION: To serve as the chief staff officer and marketing director under direction of the G/C PCI Chairman, Executive Committee and Board of Directors. To be responsible for all association administration, and marketing responsibilities for both commercial and transportation markets as outlined below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director shall perform administrative and marketing tasks, and such duties and services as may be requested by the Board of Directors of the Association in accordance with its bylaws and consistent with Executive Director’s role in the Association and the terms of his/her Employment Agreement. The Executive Director has the full authority and responsibility for managing the Chapter and all programs within established guidelines.
1. Mission Leadership
– Oversee the Association strategic plan development and implementation.
2. Governance and Management
– Manage the day to day affairs of the Association, including governance of bylaws and policies.
3. Association Finances and Accounting
- Develop and manage the Association’s annual budget, invoice and collect membership dues, coordinate tax filings (Form 990), payroll and benefits, seek additional sources of funding, including preparation and presentation of funding request from the Southeast Cement Promotion Association (or similar).
4. Legal Compliance
– Maintain compliance with IRS not-for-profit regulations and maintain business license.
5. Consultants Coordination
– Manage accountant, bridge consultant, marketing, etc., as required.
6. Documents and Files
– Maintain the Association files including bylaws, policies, meeting agendas, minutes, reports, mailing lists, etc.
– Promote and maintain Association membership, recruit producer and associate member firms, keep membership records, and maintain upkeep of digital membership directory.
8. Membership Communications
– Write and distribute member electronic communications and provide periodic activities reports. Maintain regular contact with G/C PCI members via meetings and visits.
9. Membership Meetings
– Plan and coordinate the Association’s Annual Meeting and special Board Meetings.
10. Website and Social Media
– Manage the Association website including regular updates of producer and associate member directory, calendar, seminar/webinar information, project profiles, and create social media.
11. Committee and Task Group Liaison
– Serve as liaison to all G/C PCI committees and task groups, including but not limited to Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Bridge Committee, Commercial Marketing Committee, Education Committee and Membership Committee.
12. Association Relationship with PC
I – Manage the relationship with our national association, including the ‘Chapter’ affiliate agreement and liaison with national staff, as appropriate. Represent the Chapter at PCI National Convention, PCI Committee Days and serve on the Regional Council and other PCI committees including, but not limited to, marketing committees, educational committees, R&D, and technical committees, as appropriate.
MARKETING & PROMOTION:
Grow market share by providing technical resources and continuing education to the A/E/C industry and higher educational institutions. Create programs targeted to grow and expand the market for precast and prestressed concrete solutions, thus creating greater opportunity for our members – both producer and supplier, to promote and sell their products.
1. Marketing Program
- Develop, execute and maintain a detailed marketing program directed at key decision makers (owners, architects, engineers, contractors, academics) in the commercial (buildings) market, transportation (bridge) market and higher education institutions.
2. G/C PCI Brand
- Develop a branded program of promotional and marketing material (advertising, tradeshow exhibit, collateral material, etc.) in concert with the PCI national brand.
3. Advocacy (Bridge Market)
- Coordinate periodic joint meetings with each State DOT and bridge producer members. And coordinate the Prestressed Concrete Economical Fabrication (PCEF) Committee (FHWA, 3-State DOTs, Research Universities and G/C PCI bridge producers). Facilitate DOT engineer participation in the PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference.
4. Advocacy (Commercial Market)
- Maintain relationships and be active in various allied industry associations (AIA, CSI, DBIA, SAME, ASCE, A4LE, SCUP, etc.). Participate in industry association conferences and trade shows (exhibit, sponsor, present).
5. Industry Promotio
n – Promote and market the attributes and benefits of precast and prestressed concrete products, systems and solutions to Architects, Engineers, Owners, Contractors and Academics.
6. Professional Continuing Education
- Coordinate and conduct presentations (lunch & learns, webinars, seminars) as continuing education of A/E/C designers and specifiers to promote and influence use of precast/prestressed concrete products and solutions for both the Commercial and Bridge Markets.
7. Technical Resources
- Provide technical resources for the A/E/C industry to further promote precast and prestressed concrete solutions, (PCI technical materials).
8. University Programs
- Provide academic opportunities including student education for area architecture, engineering and construction management schools, including presentations, hands-on learning experiences, plant and project tours. Promote careers in the precast industry. And facilitate participation in G/C PCI and PCI events, including the PCI Convention and PCI Committee Days.
9. PCI Foundation Curriculum Grants
– Propose, coordinate, facilitate and participate in PCI Foundation curriculum grant programs at area universities.
10. Lead Distribution
– Provide relevant project information and leads to members, as it is acquired.
ED Search Task Group Milestones:
September 21, 2020 – Advertise Executive Director position
October 23, 2020 – Candidate submissions due (letter of interest & resume) November 2020 – Review and shortlist qualified candidates
November 2020 – Short list interviews (held in Atlanta area)
December 2020 – Candidate selected and hired
January 1, 2021 – New ED starts (and onboarding with retiring ED)