Thursday, October 14, 2021, noon CST
Credits: AIA 1.0 HSW LU or 1.0 PDH (only available to day-of attendees)
- Highlight historical hurricane data and storm related statistics.
- Define hurricanes and how they are measured.
- Examine storm shelter requirements and design considerations included in ICC/NSSA 500, FEMA 361 and the IBC.
- Identify various precast building components.
- Describe the advantages of using precast/prestressed concrete for safe buildings.
- Case studies of effective use of precast as storm shelters.
- Provide resources for future references.
Dan Eckenrode - Executive Director - PCI Gulf South