2013 Call for Papers
In today’s challenging economy, precast concrete continues to grow as the material of choice for transportation, commercial, institutional, manufacturing, parking, residential and many other types of structures. The PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference is the premier international venue for the exchange of ideas and state-of-the-art information on precast concrete design, fabrication, and construction.
On average, approximately 1000 engineers, precast producers, contractors, architects, suppliers, academics, researchers, officials, and students attend each year. The event provides an outstanding opportunity for networking, education, and sharing of ideas. Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity to contribute to the precast concrete structures industry’s body of knowledge—submit your abstract for the 2013 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference!
Abstracts may be submitted for peer-reviewed papers sessions or student posters.
All abstracts, papers and student posters must relate to the design, analysis, materials, production, erection, or to maintenance and repair of precast concrete. Case studies, research and project profiles are all welcome.
This year’s theme is “Discover High Performance” and will focus on the high performance attributes of precast concrete. While abstracts may be submitted on any relevant topic to the precast concrete industry, abstracts that support the event theme will be given preference.
Below is a list of sample suggestions; however, authors may submit others if it relates to precast concrete.
- Aesthetics and Finishes
- Accelerated Construction
- Blast Resistance and Progressive Collapse
- Concrete —SCC, Lightweight, High Strength, UHPC
- Contractor Alternates, Value Engineering, and Design-Build
- Designing and Testing Related to Fire Resistance
- Designing for Seismic Forces
- FRP Reinforcement and Technologies
- High-Performance Concrete/High-Performance Solutions
- Innovative Precast Concrete Structures/Case Studies
- Life Cycle Costs or Assessment
- Material Technologies
- Precast Concrete Pavements
- Repair and Rehabilitation
- SCMs in Precast Concrete
- Sustainable Design Utilizing Precast Concrete
How to Submit
All abstracts must be submitted electronically at https://www.softconf.com/d/PCI2013
Paper abstracts should be no more than 200 words and should adequately describe the topic.
Click here for important information about submitting Student Posters.
- The deadline for abstract submission, for both peer-reviewed papers and student posters is January 31, 2013.
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection to Authors of peer-reviewed paper submissions will be by mid February 2013.
- Complete and final papers are due May 12, 2013.
- Completed presentations are due August 9, 2013.
For more information or general questions, please contact Jennifer Peters at email@example.com. For questions specific to buildings, contact Brian Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions specific to transportation, contact William Nickas at email@example.com. For more information or questions on Student Posters, contact Alex Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the 2013 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference:
The PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference will be held September 21 - 24, 2013, at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas.
Please note: All presenters of peer-reviewed papers will be required to register for the PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference. A one-day registration is available; however, we encourage you to take full advantage of all the excellent education and networking opportunities by registering with the full conference. Registration will open in June 2013. This will allow you to gain access to all events, including the over 80,000 s.f. exhibition.