PCI's webinars offer a free, convenient way for architects and engineers to obtain continuing education credit from the comfort of their own computers. Our webinars are one-hour long and are designed to fit into your day during your lunch hour.
PCI webinars are presented live each month by industry experts on a variety of topics from design and construction to sustainability and more. Each webinar is presented twice during the webinar week, one at noon Eastern and the other at noon Pacific. This allows most U.S. time zones to view the presentations during lunch hours.
April 2017 PCI Webinar
"Efficient Design Assist - Precast Concrete Case Studies"
Sign up for the webinar on April 27, 2017 at Noon PST (2:00 p.m. CDT)
What does design build really mean? How does it work for precast? Designers are teaming with precast concrete industry partners who offer design influence, engineering assistance, cost controls, accelerated occupancy, and construction efficiencies. As precasters are getting more involved in projects, owners, designers, and construction managers are turning to them for innovative solutions. We will feature case studies of iconic structures and define the precaster's role in delivering successful projects.
- Understand the importance of adding precasters to the team earlier in the construction process.
- Learn the best way to utilize a precaster to assist the project delivery team.
- Recognize the importance of contracting with team members to ensure that risk is assigned to the proper party.
- Learn how evolving design roles are shaping the future of the precast concrete industry.
Jim Lewis, RA, LEED AP BD+C, Architectural Services Manager, PCI
May 2017 PCI Webinar
Engineered Utility Precast Solutions
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at Noon EST (11:00 a.m. CDT)
Thursday, May 25, 2017 at Noon PST (2:00 p.m. CDT)
This webinar will be an introduction to Engineered Utility precast concrete products and applications. An emphasis will be placed on cost/labor/time savings, quality, and the versatility of utility precast applications. Attendees will be educated on innovative precast solutions in markets ranging from heavy civil, transportation, energy, wastewater, site development, residential and industrial.
- Understand the options that Utility precast can provide.
- Gain a clear grasp of the design and manufacturing parameters for a wide variety of precast solutions.
- Become familiar with how to benefit from using precast in lieu of cast in place (through emulative dealing).
- Be able to cite specific case studies in which Utility precast was selected.
Barry Phillips, Tindall Corporation